Allentown Parking Authority
|Headquarters||603 West Linden Street
Allentown, Pennsylvania 18101
The Allentown Parking Authority owns and manages five parking garages in downtown/center city, Allentown and leases 29 surface lots plus one parking ramp which make up a total of over 4,020 parking spaces.
The Allentown Parking Authority currently regulates 1,500+ parking meters.
2008 Allentown Parking Authority Statistics
In 2008 the Allentown Parking Authority ...
- Issued 108,289 parking tickets
- Immobilized 428 vehicles
- Impounded 1,002 vehicles
- Had a total operating cost of: $3,041,000.00
- Had a total income of: $5,682,000.00
The Allentown Parking Authority has also been criticized for disrupting commerce in Allentown’s Downtown "shopping district" by way of overzealous ticketing during standard business hours and unnecessary meter parking.
The Allentown Parking Authority has also been criticized for wasteful spending and flaunting its high-priced "Parking Enforcement Technology" while schools in the Allentown School District go under-funded
In December 2009 the site brokenladders.com called the Allentown Parking Authority a "Corrupt, Wasteful, Hypocritical, Nuisance" and launched a grassroots campaign to have the entity shut down.
The Allentown Parking Authority is governed by a 5-person Board of Directors, appointed by the Mayor of Allentown.
- Linda Rosenfeld | Chair
- Malcolm Gross | Vice Chair
- Candida Svirzovsky | Secretary
- Michael Donovan | Treasurer
- Lawrence Hilliard | Assistant Secretary
- http://www.allentownparking.com/assets/pdfs/APA_Audit-123108.pdf Allentown Parking Authority 2008 Audit Report
- http://www.brokenladders.com/allentown_parking_authority/index.php Allentown Parking Authority on BrokenLadders.com
- http://blogs.mcall.com/allentown/2009/06/tickets-by-block.html Tickets by Block
- http://google.com/search?q=cache:GBYgvpH2FTAJ:xml.mcall.com/news/local/all-a1_5parking.6919969jun14,0,3475742.story+%22Allentown+parking+authority%22+%22Street+Cleaning%22&cd=24&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us Downtown Allentown is ground zero for parking ticket tussles
- http://molovinskyonallentown.blogspot.com/2009/09/parking-authority-preys-on-poor.html Parking Authority Preys on Poor
- http://blogs.mcall.com/allentown/2009/06/time.html Tickets by Time
- http://molovinskyonallentown.blogspot.com/2009/08/tip-for-snooks.html Tip For Snooks
- http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/mcall/access/1003187861.html?dids=1003187861:1003187861&FMT=ABS&FMTS=ABS:FT&type=current&date=Mar+14%2C+2006&author=The+Morning+Call&pub=Morning+Call&desc=Time+to+re-evaluate+Allentown+parking Time to re-evaluate Allentown parking
- http://www.allentownpa.gov/Portals/0/files/Finance/2008%20CAFR%20APPENDIX%20TAB_20090707151531.PDF CITY OF ALLENTOWNFINANCIAL MANAGEMENT POLICIES
- http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-a5_5park.7119603dec29,0,259740.story Allentown Parking Authority Buys $1,232.67 Light Bulb
- http://wfmz.com/view/?id=255867 New Parking Technology Aids Officers in Allentown
- http://www.allentownsd.org/news_archive/2009/082709_nr.pdf Resolution Urging the Pennsylvania General Assembly to Approve a 2009-10 State Budget that Maintains the Commonwealth's Commitment to Adequate and Equitable Basic Education Funding
- http://www.brokenladders.com/allentown_parking_authority/index.php The Allentown Parking Authority is a Corrupt, Wasteful, Hypocritical, Nuisance
- Allentown Parking Authority Website
- Ride along with Allentown parking officer, writing tickets
- Allentown Parking Authority on CitySearch.com
- Allentown Parking Authority information at Molovinsky on Allentown Blog
- Site protesting the Allentown Parking Authority
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.