Allison Williams (actress)
|File:Allison Williams July 2012.jpg|
April 13, 1988 |
New Canaan, Connecticut, U.S.
|Alma mater||Yale University|
|Occupation||Actress, comedian, singer|
|Spouse(s)||Ricky Van Veen (m. 2015)|
Jane Gillan Stoddard
Williams was born and raised in New Canaan, Connecticut, and is the daughter of former NBC Nightly News anchor and managing editor Brian Williams and Jane Gillan Stoddard, a TV producer. She graduated from Yale University in 2010. While at Yale, Williams was a member of the improv comedy troupe Just Add Water for four years, as well as being a part of the YouTube series College Musical, and was inducted by St. Elmo.
In 2010, Williams performed a mashup of "Nature Boy" set to RJD2's "A Beautiful Mine", the theme song for the television series Mad Men. The YouTube video of the performance received widespread praise on the Internet, and convinced Judd Apatow that she should be given a part in the HBO series Girls. She was cast shortly after and credited her experience at Just Add Water for passing the audition. Girls premiered on April 15, 2012.
Williams wrote a series of Funny or Die sketches, in which she starred as newlywed Kate Middleton, with English actor and model Oliver Jackson-Cohen as Prince William, Duke of Cambridge. Williams appeared as Danielle in an episode of the third season of The League titled "The Guest Bong".
On December 4, 2014 she starred in the title role on NBC's live television presentation of the musical Peter Pan Live! In November 2015, it was revealed Williams had been cast in Get Out directed by Jordan Peele.
Williams began dating Ricky Van Veen, the co-founder of CollegeHumor in 2011. They became engaged in 2014 and married on September 19, 2015 in a private ceremony at Brush Creek Ranch in Saratoga, Wyoming. Tom Hanks officiated the ceremony.
|2017||Get Out||In post-production|
|2004||American Dreams||Deborah||2 episodes|
|2011||Will & Kate: Before Happily Ever After||Kate Middleton||4 episodes; also writer|
|2011–2012||Jake and Amir||Cheryl||2 episodes|
|2011||League, TheThe League||Danielle||Episode: "The Guest Bong"|
|2012–2016||Girls||Marnie Michaels||Main cast|
|2013||Mindy Project, TheThe Mindy Project||Jillian||3 episodes|
|2014||Peter Pan Live!||Peter Pan||Television special|
|2015||The Simpsons||Candace's friend (voice)||Episode: "Every Man's Dream"|
- "Celebrity birthdays on April 13". The Miami Herald. April 13, 2014. Archived from the original on April 16, 2014. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
Actress Allison Williams ('Girls') is 26.
- "Allison Williams taps some regional memories". The Boston Globe. March 8, 2013. Retrieved June 18, 2013.
- Schuster, Dana (August 5, 2011). "Anchor's away". New York Post. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- Serna, Danny (January 11, 2011). "HBO picks up new television series starring Allison Williams '10/". Yale Daily News. Retrieved July 6, 2014.
- Farris, Emily A. (July 19, 2010). "Brian Williams' Daughter Plays Sensual TA in College Musical Web Series". Gawker. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- Klein, Alex (May 5, 2010). "WEB EXCLUSIVE: Every Yale Secret Society, 2009–2010 (or, A Tribute to Rumpus)". IvyGate. Retrieved April 26, 2012.
- Shea, Danny (October 13, 2010). "Allison Williams, Brian Williams' Daughter, Sings 'Mad Men' Theme Song (VIDEO)". The Huffington Post. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- Sklar, Rachel (October 14, 2010). "Allison Williams, This Week The Biggest Star In Her Family (Sorry, BriWi)". Mediaite. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- Andreeva, Nellie (October 28, 2010). "Trio Cast In Lena Dunham's HBO Pilot, Including Brian Williams' Daughter Allison". Deadline.com. PMC. Retrieved December 28, 2011.
- "Allison Williams". Funny or Die. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- "Jake and Amir / Cheryl". CollegeHumor. December 1, 2011. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- "Jake and Amir / Cheryl Part 2 (starring Allison Williams)". CollegeHumor. August 14, 2012. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- Sneticker, Marc (July 30, 2014). "Allison Williams to play Peter Pan in NBC's 'Peter Pan Live'". Entertainment Weekly. Time. Retrieved July 30, 2014.
- Hipes, Patrick (November 4, 2015). "Allison Williams To Star In Jordan Peele’s Horror Movie ‘Get Out’". deadline.com. Retrieved May 27, 2016.
- Blumm, K.C.; Jordan, Julie (February 26, 2014). "Allison Williams Engaged to Ricky Van Veen". People. Time. Retrieved February 26, 2014.
- "Allison Williams and Ricky Van Veen Are Married". People.com. September 19, 2015. Retrieved September 19, 2015.
- "Allison Williams and Ricky Van Veen's honeymoon was 'heavenly'". HELLO! US. Hello. 2015-10-06. Retrieved 2015-10-16.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Allison Williams (actress).|