From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Comune di Ameglia|
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Province / Metropolitan city||La Spezia (SP)|
|Frazioni||Bocca di Magra, Fiumaretta, Montemarcello|
|• Mayor||Umberto Galazzo|
|• Total||14.0 km2 (5.4 sq mi)|
|Elevation||89 m (292 ft)|
|Population (31 July 2010)|
|• Density||320/km2 (840/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Ameglia is a comune (municipality) in the Province of La Spezia in the Italian region Liguria, located about 90 kilometres (56 mi) southeast of Genoa and about 11 kilometres (7 mi) southeast of La Spezia.
- Castle of Ameglia, a stronghold of the bishops of Luni, rebuilt in 1174. Later it was owned by Sarzana, Genoa, Castruccio Castracani, the Visconti and the Bank of Saint George.
- Monastery of Santa Croce del Corvo, founded in 1176.
- Pre-Roman necropolis at Cafaggio, and archaeological remain of the Roman coastal road
- Orto Botanico di Montemarcello
- The Comune of Ameglia includes the frazioni of Montemarcello, Bocca di Magra, and Fiumaretta.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
|This Liguria location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|