The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2012)
| Part of a series on:
Ansarullah (Arabic: انصار الله; Helpers [in the cause] of Allah) is an auxiliary organization of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community for men of age 40 and over. The name "Ansarullah" is an Arabic expression meaning "helpers of Allah." It is taken from a verse of the Holy Qur'an, “And when Jesus perceived their disbelief, he said, ‘Who will be my helpers in the cause of Allah?’ The disciples answered, ‘We are the helpers of Allah. We have believed in Allah. And bear thou witness that we are obedient” (Āle`Imrān [Chapter 3]: Verse 53). Historically, the name refers to the residents of Medina who welcomed and granted asylum to Muhammad and the migrating Muslims after Hijrah (see Ansar (Islam)).
All Ahmadi Muslims who are forty years of age or over comprise the general body of 'Ansarullah.' Majlis Ansarullah, like the main body of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Community – to which it is subordinate – is a non-political, religious and spiritual organization.
Aims and objectives
The aim of the organization is to promote the moral and spiritual training of its members resulting in a Godly, righteous, responsible and just society, true both to God and His creatures. The aims and objectives of the organization are reflected in the pledge, which every member has to make and recite in every formal meeting. These aims are:
- To organize all male Ahmadi Muslims over the age of forty years in the Silsila Aliya Ahmadiyya (Ahmadiyya Muslim Community).
- To inculcate the following amongst its members:
- The love of Allah.
- The spirit to promote and propagate the teachings of Islam.
- Exhort to preach Islam and serve mankind.
- The spiritual and moral training of children.
- The spirit of protecting the institution of Khilafat.
- The spirit of placing collective interests above individual interests.
- To remain a purely religious organization with no political interest whatsoever.
|This Ahmadiyya-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|