|Industry||Cloud Based Network Performance Management and Web Application Performance Service|
|Founded||Vancouver, British Columbia (2000)|
|Matt Stevens; CEO|
|Products||PathView, FlowView, AppView, TraceView|
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
AppNeta was launched in early 2011, by the team and technology of Apparent Networks. AppNeta is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, with the Research and Development team based in Vancouver, British Columbia.
AppNeta is privately held, and backed by venture investors, including SolarWinds, Bain Capital Ventures, JMI Equities, Egan-Managed Capital and Business Development Bank of Canada. The company currently employs 55 people. Customers and partners include Artisan Infrastructure, Bandwidth Management Group, etc.
In July 2014, Matt Stevens, co-founder of AppNeta, replaced Jim Melvin as the company's CEO.
AppNeta's PathView Cloud is a software-as-a-service (SaaS) tool that helps enterprises, managed service providers (MSPs) and technology vendors to "assure end-user quality of experience". Enterprises use PathView Cloud to manage application and network performance across different branch offices. This technology has also been deployed by managed service providers (MSPs) to monitor their customers’ network performance and generate service revenue.
PathView Cloud is designed for IT professionals to monitor and analyze network traffic, as well as pinpoint the causes of performance issues in applications including VoIP, Video conferencing, virtualization, and other cloud-based services. The network management service enables visibility into how an application will perform on any network, including all security and traffic shaping technologies.
In September 2012, the company released its unified performance management solution called TraceView, after acquiring Tracelytics. According to AppNeta, this service provides easy Web application performance management across different application layers and environments, including Java, PHP, etc. Also, users have access to analysis and visuals of the performance data.
- “Best Use of Cloud Delivery” by the Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) Radar™ Report for Application-Aware Network Performance Management (ANPM) Q3 2010.
- "Strong Value" by the Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) Radar™ Report for Application-Aware Network Performance Management (ANPM) Q3 2010.
- "Tech Innovator" by the Xchange Technology Innovator Awards in the managed services category
- "Customer Enhancement Value of the Year 2010" by Frost & Sullivan
- "2010 Excellence Award" by Unified Communications
- Eric Krapf, Nojitter. "AppNeta: Real-time Management from the Cloud." Apr 27, 2011. Retrieved Oct 25, 2012.
- Erin Griffith, PandoDaily. "Bain Ventures-Backed AppNeta Acquires Bain Ventures-Backed Tracelytics." Jun 21, 2012. Retrieved Oct 25, 2012.
- Yahoo Finance. "SolarWinds Invests in AppNeta, the Full Stack Application Performance Management (APM) Leader." November 5, 2013. Retrieved Dec 29, 2014.
- Walter Frick, Bostinno. "AppNeta Acquires Tracelytics to Tackle Application Performance." Jun 21, 2012. Retrieved Oct 25, 2012.
- Anshu Shrivastava, TMCnet. "Network Diagramming: AppNeta, Artisan Infrastructure Ink Partnership Agreement." Nov 07, 2011. Retrieved Oct 30, 2012.
- Scott Campbell, CRN. "AppNeta Delivers Recurring Performance Management Service For MSPs." Oct 02, 2012. Retrieved Oct 30, 2012.
- By Sara Castellanos, Boston Business Journal. “.” July 31, 2014. August 20, 2014.
- Gina Narcisi , TechTarget. "Global enterprise taps AppNeta's PathView Cloud for VoIP monitoring." Sep 5, 2012. Retrieved Dec 12, 2012.
- Frank Ohlhorst, eWeek. "PathView Cloud Delivers Sophisticated Network Performance Management." Oct 25, 2012. Retrieved Dec 12, 2012.
- Chris Talbot, Channel Insider. "MSPs Get Hosted Network Management Option." Apr 12, 2010. Retrieved Oct 30, 2012.
- Dan Kusnetzky, ZDnet. "AppNeta customer profile - large international bank." Jul 13, 2012. Retrieved Oct 30, 2012.
- Jessica Davis, MSP Mentor. "AppNeta Rolls Out Consumption-Based Billing for MSPs." Oct 2, 2012. Retrieved Oct 30, 2012.
- Matt Hamblen, ComputerWorld. "With explosion of consumer devices, IT finds greater need for network management tools." Jul 5, 2012. Retrieved Oct 30, 2012.
- Amanda Ciccatelli, TMCnet. "AppNeta's Real User Monitoring Makes Network Diagramming More Visible." Oct 25, 2012. Retrieved Dec 14, 2012.
- Dan Kusnetzky, ZDnet. "AppNeta releases unified solution for performance management." Sep 28, 2012. Retrieved Dec 14, 2012.
- Marshall, David. "Pathview Cloud Recognized for Best Use of Cloud Delivery".
- "Schange Tech Innovator Award".
- DiMarco, Chris. "MSPexcellence and Apparent Networks Initiates Business Acceleration Program for Managed Service Providers".
- "Apparent Networks Awarded 2010 Unified Communications Excellence Award".