Archibald Kennedy, 11th Earl of Cassilis
Captain Archibald Kennedy, 11th Earl of Cassilis (bef. 1736 – 30 December 1794) was a Scottish peer, the son of Archibald Kennedy, the descendant of the second son of the 3rd earl. He lived in New York City at 1 Broadway in the Kennedy mansion until he was recalled to succeed to the Earldom on the death of the 10th earl, who had died without male issue.
He married (1) Katherine Schuyler, before June 1765.
- Archibald Kennedy, 1st Marquess of Ailsa (1770–1846)
- Hon. John Kennedy (1771–1859)
- Hon. Robert Kennedy (1773–1843) m. 22 March 1794 Jane Macomb daughter of merchant Alexander Macomb and Catherine Navarre. (Sophia Eliza, daughter of Robert and Jane (Macomb) Kennedy, married John Levett of Wychnor Park and Packington Hall, Staffordshire. Their son, Capt. Robert Thomas Kennedy Levett, DL, was named for his grandfather Kennedy.)
His great-grandsons included Sir John Gordon Kennedy K.C.M.G. (1836–1912), who became an eminent diplomat, Admiral Sir William Robert Kennedy G.C.B. (1838–1916), who became Commander-in-Chief, The Nore, and Gilbert George Kennedy (1844–1909) who played for the Scottish XI in the second international football match against England.
He succeeded to the titles of 11th Earl of Cassilis, and 13th Lord Kennedy on 18 December 1792.
- New York Times, "OLD HOUSES.; Description of an Ancient New-York Landmark. The Kennedy Mansion", 3 October 1872.
- Plantagenet Roll of the Blood Royal, Marquis of Ruvigny, Essex Volume, republished by Genealogical Publishing Company, 1994
- Burke's Genealogical and Heraldic History of the Landed Gentry, John Burke, Bernard Burke, Vol. I, Henry Colburn, London, 1847
- Lundy, Darryl (29 August 2006). "Sir John Gordon Kennedy". www.thepeerage.com. Retrieved 31 August 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[unreliable source?]
- "Admiral Sir William Robert Kennedy". www.thepeerage.com. 22 September 2003. Retrieved 31 August 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>[unreliable source?]
- Mitchell, Andy (2011). Arthur Kinnaird: First Lord of Football. Andy Mitchell. p. 49. ISBN 1-4636-2111-6.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Peerage of Scotland|
|Earl of Cassilis