|Born||Arkie Deya Whiteley
6 November 1964
|Died||19 December 2001
|Spouse(s)||Christopher Kuhn (divorced)
Arkie Deya Whiteley (6 November 1964 – 19 December 2001) was an Australian actress who appeared in television and films.
Early life and education
Arkie Whiteley's parents were the renowned Australian artist Brett Whiteley and cultural figure Wendy Whiteley. According to her obituary in The Times newspaper, when living with her parents at the Hotel Chelsea in New York as an infant her babysitter was US blues singer Janis Joplin. Arkie was educated at the prestigious Ascham School in Sydney and an alternative school - The Australian International School at North Ryde, Sydney.
Her television and film work included: A Town Like Alice, Razorback, Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior, Gallowglass, Princess Caraboo, and The Last Musketeer with Robson Green. She also appeared in the television series Prisoner as troubled prostitute/junkie Donna Mason, and in early episodes of A Country Practice.
After her father's overdose in 1992, she negotiated with the New South Wales government to purchase his studio and run it as a studio museum managed by the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
She married her first husband Christopher Kuhn in 1995; they divorced in 1999. She married her second husband Jim Elliott in December 2001, shortly before she died from adrenal cancer on 19 December, aged 37. During her final illness, she was cared for by Paul Rhys.
|1981||Mad Max 2: The Road Warrior||The Captain's Girl|
|The Killing of Angel Street||Tina Benson|
- A Touch of Frost as Dr. Helena Gibson (1 TV episode, 2001) in Benefit of the Doubt: Part 1
- A Dinner of Herbs as Madeleine Cottle (3 TV episodes, 2000) in Episode #1.4, Episode #1.3, & Episode #1.2
- The Last Musketeer (2000) (TV) as Dr. Elizabeth Fraser
- Without Warning (1999) (TV) as Megan Turner
- McCallum as Catrin (1 TV episode, 1998) in Beyond Good and Evil
- The Grand as Madame Euphrasine de Bourg D'Oisans (1 TV episode, 1998) in Episode #2.5
- Kavanagh QC as Helen Ames (6 TV episodes, 1996–1997) in Diplomatic Baggage, Ancient History, Blood Money, Mute of Malice, Job Satisfaction,
- Casualty as Eleanor Morrisey (1 TV episode, 1995) in Money for Nothing
- Sweating Bullets as Patsy Stratton (1 TV episode, 1993) in The Patsy
- Gallowglass as Nina (3 TV episodes, 1993)
- Natural Lies (1992) TV series as Jo Scott (unknown TV episodes)
- Love Hurts as Annabel Golding (2 TV episodes, 1992) in Let's Do It, & Stormy Weather
- 4 Play as Girl on beach in 'But Beautiful' (1 TV episode, 1991)
- Van der Valk as Ruth van der Valk (1 TV episode, 1991) in Doctor Hoffmann's Children
- Perfect Scoundrels as Fleur (2 TV episodes, 1990) in The Day of Jubilo, & Bad Penny Blues
- The Secret Life of Ian Fleming (1990) (TV) as Gallina
- Screen Two as Mary (1 TV episode, 1990) in Drowning in the Shallow End
- Kings (1983) TV series
- Prisoner as Donna Mason (13 TV episodes, 1982) in Episode #1.290, Episode #1.292 (1982), Episode #1.293 (1982), Episode #1.294 (1982), Episode #1.295 (1982), 296, 297, 298, 299, 300, 301, 302, 303
- A Country Practice as Jenny Secombe (2 TV episodes, 1981) in General Practice: Part 2, & General Practice: Part 1
- A Town Like Alice (1981) TV mini-series as Annie
- Slippery Slide (1980)
- Spring & Fall as Angela (1 TV episode, 1980) in The Last Card
- People Like Us as Young Elaine Frith (3 TV episodes, 1978) in Strike, The First Lessons in Love, & The Odd Families
- find-a-grave; Retrieved 7 August 2013