BBC Sunday-Night Play
The series often included versions of modern theatrical successes, but original work appeared in the slot too. David Mercer's A Suitable Case for Treatment (1962) was later adapted as the feature film Morgan – A Suitable Case for Treatment (1966), while Madhouse on Castle Street (1963) starred the then little known Bob Dylan.
- Sources vary over the precise name. IMDb uses the name given complete with the hyphen while lostshows.com has The Sunday Night Play. Asa Briggs mentions that The Sunday Play replaced Sunday Night Theatre in 1960. See Briggs The History of Broadcasting in the United Kingdom: Volume V: Competition, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1995, p.279
- Janet Moat Morgan - A Suitable Case for Treatment (1966), BFI screenonline
- Missing or incomplete episodes for programme The Sunday Night Play, lostshows.com
- BBC Sunday-Night Play at the Internet Movie Database
- The Sunday-Night Play, BFI Film and Television Database
|This article related to a BBC television programme is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|