Barry Hughes in 1980
|Date of birth||31 December 1937|
|Place of birth||Wales|
|–||West Bromwich Albion|
|1970–1973||Go Ahead Eagles|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Barry Hughes (born 31 December 1937) is a Welsh former professional football player and manager, active primarily in the Netherlands.
After retiring as a player, Hughes began his coaching career in 1966 with Alkmaar'54, and later managed a variety of Dutch club sides including HFC Haarlem, Go Ahead Eagles, Sparta Rotterdam, FC Utrecht, MVV and FC Volendam. While managing Haarlem in 1978, Hughes signed young player Ruud Gullit to his first ever professional football contract.
Hughes released a 7" music single in 1978 called "Voetbal is Koning."
In 1981 he released another single together with "De Kwaffeurs". The song is called "Ik wil op mijn kop een kamerbreed tapijt", a carnival song referencing his baldness. It was in the Dutch top 40 for eight weeks, where it reached place 7 between week 7 and 8 in 1981.
- Phil Shaw (30 August 1999). "Football: Gullit sunk by Shearer gamble". The Independent. Retrieved 11 June 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "WEST BROMWICH ALBION : 1946/47 - 2008/09". Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Transfer Database. Archived from the original on 5 June 2010. Retrieved 11 June 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Football and Music". Rate Your Music. Retrieved 11 June 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Eerdere Top 40 Lijsten". Mediamarkt Top 40.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Barry Hughes.|
|This biographical article related to Welsh association football is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|