Bergen Community College
|File:Bergen Community College Logo.jpg|
|Type||2 Year College|
|President||B. Kaye Walter, Ph.D.|
|Location||Bergen County, New Jersey, USA|
Pantone Orange 021
|Sports||Soccer, Cross Country, Volleyball, Basketball, Wrestling, Softball, Track and Field, Tennis, Golf and Baseball|
Bergen Community College is an accredited, co-educational, two-year, public community college located in Bergen County, New Jersey. Its primary campus is in Paramus where it was built on 9 holes of the Orchard Hills Golf Course, cutting Orchard Hills' size down in half. The school was founded in 1965.
As of 2009[update], more than 17,000 students are enrolled in Associate's degree programs, and another 10,000 students in non-credit, professional development courses through the Division of Continuing Education. The Philip J. Ciarco Learning Center in Hackensack, offers adult basic skills, English as a Second Language, non-credit, and credit courses.
Bergen Community College has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools since 1972, and was most recently reaccredited in 2006. Individual programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs; the National League for Nursing; the American Dental Association; the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology; The National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Services; and the American Physical Therapy Association. The Paralegal Studies Program and the Legal Nurse Consultant Program are approved by the American Bar Association.
The president of Bergen Community College is Dr. Kaye Walter.
Increase of Enrollment
As of Fall of 2009 semester there have has been a 17% increase in the number of enrolled from Fall of 2008, bringing the number of enrolled students to 17,000 students in the 2009 Fall semester.
The college colors are Pantone Purple and Pantone Orange 021. Bergen Community College sports teams are nicknamed the Bulldogs.
BCC is a member of the National Junior College Athletic Association in Region XIX (New Jersey, Delaware, Pennsylvania) and of the Garden State Athletic Conference. Bergen offers 12 sport teams to eligible students:
- Fall: Men's Soccer, Women's Soccer, Cross Country and Women's Volleyball
- Winter: Men's Basketball, Women's Basketball and Wrestling
- Spring: Softball, Track and Field, Tennis, Golf and Baseball
- BCC to Buy Meadowlands Building, September 2, 2009.
- About Bergen, Bergen Community College. Accessed May 20, 2008.
- Institution Directory: B. Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. Accessed May 20, 2008.
- Enrollment Up 17% at Bergen Community College .Bergen Community College enrollment increased 17%. September 3, 2009
- BCC Sports Programs, Bergen Community College. Accessed August 12, 2006.