Birla Institute of Management Technology, Bhubaneswar
|Motto||Competing for the Future|
|Type||Private business school|
|Endowment||INR 400 million|
|President||Syt B.K. Birla|
|Vice-Chancellor||H. Chaturvedi (Director)|
|89 resident, 200 visiting|
|Location||Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India|
|Affiliations||AICTE, Govt. Of India|
Birla Institute of Management Technology, Bhubaneswar (BIMTECH) is a graduate business school located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha. BIMTECH Bhubaneswar is an offshoot of BIMTECH, Greater Noida, that was established in the year 1988 under the aegis of the Birla Academy of Art and Culture. The Greater Noida campus has been ranked consistently among the top 20 business schools in India. In rankings by the Wall Street Journal and C-Fore, BIMTECH ranked 7th among private B-Schools in India.
The BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar is a sister concern of BIMTECH, Greater Noida, which was founded in the year 1988. Like the G. Noida campus the Bhubaneswar campus is also established by the Birla Academy of Art and Culture, the educational wing of the B.K. Birla Group of Companies. Dr.(Mrs) Sarala Birla, Chairperson of the Birla Academy and Mr. B. K. Birla, Chairperson of the B K Birla Group of companies are the founders of our business school. The institute is governed by an eminent Board of Governors mostly drawn from the top echelons of Industry.
The BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar (BBSR) campus was commenced in the 25th year of operations of the G. Noida campus which was a very significant beginning. Set in a vast space of about 30 acres of land, this sister institution with its majestic buildings at Bhubaneswar, aims to serve the Higher Education needs of central and eastern India . The choice of Bhubaneswar as a destination has been prompted by the immense natural and human resources of the Eastern States in general and the emergence of the capital city as a destination for Higher Education in Eastern India in particular.
The institute commenced operations from 1 August 2013 and offers Post Graduate Diploma in Management. Like its sister concern, BIMTECH, Bhubaneswar offers PGDM (with specialization in Finance, HR, Marketing and Operations) as its flagship programme - two-year, full-time, AICTE approved, and there are expansion plans for further programmes and research facilities.
Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
The programme is offered in six academic trimesters, including a compulsory summer internship after the first year. Many modules are delivered by professors from Greater Noida and also from universities of international standing.
BIMTECH Bhubaneswar campus has faculty drawn from the academia and industry bringing with them knowledge and experience who are engaged in research and consultancy. Every faculty member, besides their academic pursuits, also act as an entrepreneur for non-academic activities. This is supplemented by the advantage of drawing upon the expertise and knowledge of the team of expert faculty members at the Greater Noida campus.
Some of the leading student member clubs are:
- OPERATIONS CLUB - related to Operations
- E-Cell - This club promotes entrepreneurship and business plan generation among all management Students.
- FINWIZ - related to finance
- INMOS - Insurance Movers and Shakers
- Majlis - the debating society of BIMTECH
- QCB - Quiz Crazy Bimtechians
- PLACECOMM - Placement Committee
- BlindDate - Movie Screening and discussion club
Most of the Institute's research work is published in the forms of study reports, journals, research papers, interviews and newsletters. The institute publishes three bi-annual journals and a bi-monthly newsletter. The journals of the Institute attract research papers from all over the world, covering topics like management, insurance and risk management. BIMTECH also claims to have started the first national report on insurance industry known as "India Insurance Report." The following are the journals and national reports published by the institute:
- Business Perspectives
- Journal of Insurance & Risk Management
- Indian Retail Review
- India Insurance Report
A campus of about 30 acres with nine blocks of buildings‐ the main Administrative Block flanked on both sides by two Academic buildings each with yellow‐colored stone clad walls, looks majestic. Inspired by the ancient Orissan style of architecture,particularly, the nearby historic site of Khandagiri and Udaygiri – built as a Jain monastery in the 2nd century B.C. with cave structures supported by pillars. A distinct style of construction with use of 120 massive pillars depicting the strong value system of the Birlas.‐Each pillar with diameter of around 1 meter and height ranging from 14 to 30 feet.The buildings, as conceived and built, have a considerable degree of discipline in its use of materials, form and scale.More than 50% of the area is kept green in the campus with existing philosophy of learning in the lap of nature.
Presence, performance and position amongst Indian business schools
- 7th in all Private B-Schools, Wall Street Journal - CFore 2009.
- Equivalence with MBA ranted to PGDM programme by Association of Indian Universities (AIU), 2009.
- Equivalence with MBA ranted to PGDM programme by AICTE, 2008.
- Applied for Deemed University status with MHRD & UGC, 2008.
- Accredited by National Board of Accreditation, India with highest grade for 5 years.
- 6th in India amongst Private B-Schools and 1st in North India and 15th all over India, Business Today 2008.
- 1st in Syllabus Review and Updation, Outlook 2007.
- 12th in the Top 50 private B-Schools, OUTLOOK 2007.
- 3rd rank in North India, Outlook 2007.
- Identified as "One of the eleven bright private B-schools in the country" by Education World.
- 12th in the country, AC Nielsen ORG MARG B-school survey, Business Today, 2006.
- 12th in the Top 50 private B-Schools, OUTLOOK 2006.
- Achieved 100 percent placement for all the programmes.
- 12th in the country, AC Nielsen ORG MARG B-school, survey, Business Today, 2005
- 24th in the country, OUTLOOK 2004.
- Ranked 4th nationwide in recruiter's satisfaction, Outlook 2004.
- 17th in the country, AC Nielsen ORG MARG B-school survey, Business Today, 2003.
- Ranked 15th nationwide in recruiter's satisfaction, Outlook-Sept.2003.
- Ranked 7th among private sector B-schools by Business Today, 2002.
- Identified as one of the Fastest Growing Business School by BBC, 2001.
- "Wall Street Journal survey 09". Wall Street Journal survey 09. 6 October 2009.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "BBimtech Retail". Bimtech Retail.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Cfore survey 09". Cfore survey 09.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Outlook survey 07". Outlook survey 07.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Business Today, 2006". Business Today, 2006.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Outlook survey 06". Outlook survey 06.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Business Today, 2005". Business Today, 2005.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Official BIMTECH website
- About BIMTECH
- "Central Bank ’02-03 Net Up 88 Per Cent". Indianexpress. Retrieved 15 March 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- [dead link]
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.