Bit by a Dead Bee
|"Bit by a Dead Bee"|
|Breaking Bad episode|
|Episode no.||Season 2
|Directed by||Terry McDonough|
|Written by||Peter Gould|
|Original air date||March 22, 2009|
|Running time||47 minutes|
"Bit by a Dead Bee" is the third episode of the second season of the American television drama series Breaking Bad, and the tenth overall episode of the series. It was written by Peter Gould and directed by Terry McDonough.
Having gotten away from Tuco, Walt and Jesse now have to get home and explain where they have been. Walt has a plan for both of them and they split up. He goes to a supermarket and takes off all of his clothes while walking around the aisles. He is hospitalized and claims to have no memory of where he has been for the last few days. Jesse returns to his house to clean out the basement and get rid of the RV. When the DEA track him down, he claims that he has been shacked up with a prostitute for the weekend. The police don't believe him and think they know how to nail him: they bring in Tuco's uncle to identify him, but he refuses to cooperate with the authorities. Later Hank gets a present at the station for getting Tuco: Tuco's teeth grill encased in a clear acrylic cube.
The episode received very positive reviews from critics. Donna Bowman, writing for The A.V. Club, gave it an A rating. Seth Amitin, writing for IGN, praised that the episode emphasized the "psychological impact that everything Pinkman and Walt have been through, for them, for their families". He gave the episode a 9.8/10.
- Bowman, Donna (March 22, 2009). "Breaking Bad: "Bit By A Dead Bee"". The A.V. Club. Retrieved May 25, 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Amitin, Seth (March 23, 2009). "Breaking Bad: "Bit by a Dead Bee" Review". IGN. Retrieved May 25, 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Bit by a Dead Bee" at the official Breaking Bad site
- "Bit by a Dead Bee" at the Internet Movie Database
- "Bit by a Dead Bee" at TV.com