Bizerte-Sidi Ahmed Air Base
|Bizerte-Sidi Ahmed Air Base
|Part of Tunisian Air Force|
|Coordinates||Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|Controlled by||Tunisian Air Force|
Units stationed at the base are:
- No. 11 Squadron
- Jet trainer squadron, Aermacchi MB-326
- No. 15 Squadron
- Fighter squadron, Northrop F-5 Tiger/TigerII
World War II
During World War II it was used by the United States Army Air Forces Twelfth Air Force during the North African Campaign. It was known as Bizerte Airfield. Several Allied units used the base in 1943. It was a heavy bomber airfield used by B-17 Flying Fortress strategic bombers of the 2d Bombardment Group, between 2 and 9 December 1943. There was a major air depot co-located at Sidi Ahmen.
- Maurer, Maurer. Air Force Combat Units of World War II. Maxwell AFB, Alabama: Office of Air Force History, 1983. ISBN 0-89201-092-4.
- Lua error in Module:Citation/CS1/Identifiers at line 47: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- Tunisian Air Force order of battle