From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
(Redirected from Black Guard (disambiguation))
|Look up blackguard in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Blackguard (pronounced blaggard) is a rather old-fashioned term for a scoundrel.
Blackguard or Black Guard(s) may also refer to:
- Hired thugs who kidnap petitioners in the People's Republic of China and return them home or hold them in black jails on behalf of local and regional governments and cadre.
- Black Guard, a corps of African soldiers in Morocco
- Black Guards, armed anarchist groups formed after the Russian Revolution
- Black Guard (1488–1500), mercenary army in Germany
- Black Band (landsknechts), also called Black Guards, mercenary army in Germany created 1514
- The Blackguard (novel) (1923), by Raymond Paton
- The Blackguard, 1925 film based on the novel
- The Blackguard, the elite guard of Chromeria in the Lightbringer series by Brent Weeks
- Blackguard (band), a Montreal-based melodic death metal band
- Blackguard, a prestige class in the Dungeons & Dragons role-playing game
- Blackguard of Naggarond, elite soldiers of the Dark Elves and bodyguards of the Witch King in Warhammer Fantasy
- The Dark Eye: Blackguards, 2014 videogame from Daedalic Entertainment
- Lan Fang; Ren Zhongyuan (April 2, 2013). "A Day in the Life of a Beijing 'Black Guard': A Henan native collected his pay and quit his job stopping petitioners from airing their grievances in Beijing. Then he told Caixin how he went about his work". Caixin. Retrieved April 3, 2013.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Blackguard.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.