Paris and inner ring départements
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Mayor (2014-)||Stéphane de Paoli|
|Area1||6.77 km2 (2.61 sq mi)|
|• Density||7,200/km2 (19,000/sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||93008 / 93000|
|Elevation||39–57 m (128–187 ft)
(avg. 45 m or 148 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries. 2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.|
Bobigny (French pronunciation: [bo.bi.ɲi]) is a commune, or town, in the northeastern suburbs of Paris, France. It is located 9.1 km (5.7 mi) from the center of Paris. Bobigny is the préfecture (capital) of the Seine-Saint-Denis département, as well as the seat of the Arrondissement of Bobigny. It is only the 12th-largest commune in Seine-Saint-Denis (1999 census).
Inhabitants are called Balbyniens.
Valeo has management branches (Valeo Transmissions group and Valeo Friction Materials group) here. It was also the manufacturing base by Meccano of French Dinky Toys from 1933 to 1971.
During World War II, approximately 20,000 Jews were shipped from a railway station in Bobigny. Their ultimate destination was the Nazi camps.
List of mayors
|2014||-||Stéphane de Paoli||UDI|
Bobigny is the birthplace of:
- Charles Itandje (born 1982), football goalkeeper
- Gaël Monfils, tennis player
- Valentin Courrent, rugby player
|The arms of Bobigny are blazoned :
Or, a saltire gules, overall on an inescutcheon azure, a basket filled with fruit and flowers and topped with 7 ears of wheat argent.
The village of Bobigny was under Saint Andrew, hence the cross of Saint Andrew (saltire). The small shield in the middle evokes the agricultural nature of the commune, before the spread of built-up Paris surrrounded it.
Bobigny is twinned with:
- "Relations internationales et culture de paix". Ville de Bobigny (official site). Retrieved 21 July 2008.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Die Partnerstädte der Landeshauptstadt Potsdam". www.potsdam.de (in German). Retrieved 24 June 2010. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bobigny.|
- Official website (in French)
- Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found. aerial photos
|This Seine-Saint-Denis geographical article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|