Bowlin Travel Centers
|Traded as||OTC Pink: BWTL|
|Industry||Energy, Retail (Convenience stores)|
|Founder||Claude M. Bowlin|
|Headquarters||Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States|
Number of locations
|Revenue||$19.8 million (2012)|
Bowlin Travel Centers, Inc. is a New Mexico- based company that operates a chain of roadside convenience stores and travel centers found on highways in the American southwest. The stores are located primarily in the U.S. states of Arizona and New Mexico; their corporate headquarters are located in Albuquerque. The company's Chief Executive Officer is Michael L. Bowlin. Bowlin previously served on the Board of Directors of Global Entertainment Corporation.
The company's travel centers typically incorporate a Southwestern "trading post" theme, in the manner of small stores commonly found along Old Route 66 prior to the construction of the Interstate. Many were former independent businesses. They have names like "Flying C Ranch", "Old West", "Bowlin's Running Indian", and "Continental Divide". One location, called simply "The Thing" also incorporates another Route 66 tradition, the sideshow. Their retail products include Native American jewellery and food.
Prior to 2000, the company operated as Bowlin Outdoor Advertising & Travel Centers Inc., however the Outdoor Advertising division was sold to Lamar Advertising in a stock swap valued at $27.2 million.
- "Global Entertainment Announces Internal Reorganization And The Miller Group Special Assignment". thestreet.com. September 23, 2010. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- Russell A. Olsen (2008-09-24). The Complete Route 66 Lost & Found. p. 244. ISBN 9780760334928. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Wesley Treat (2007-10-01). Weird Arizona: Your Travel Guide to Arizona's Local Legends and Best Kept Secrets. p. 95. ISBN 9781402739385. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- Harrison, Heather (April 22, 2003). "Bowlin Travel Centers reports Q4, year profit". New Mexico Business Weekly. Retrieved 17 August 2012.
- "Lamar Advertising buying New Mexico billboard company". Associated Press. October 4, 2000.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|