Parish church of St John the Baptist
Broadwindsor shown within Dorset
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|EU Parliament||South West England|
|UK Parliament||West Dorset|
|Website||Broadwindsor Village Website|
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
Broadwindsor // is a village and civil parish in the county of Dorset in South West England. It lies in the West Dorset administrative district, about 2 miles (3.2 km) west of Beaminster. Broadwindsor was formerly a liberty, containing only the parish itself. Dorset County Council estimate that in 2013 the population of the civil parish was 1,320. In the 2011 census the population of the parish, combined with that of the small parish of Seaborough to the north, was 1,378.
The parish church is principally Perpendicular in style, though it has origins in the 12th and 13th centuries, and was rebuilt in 1868. Thomas Fuller, who wrote The Worthies of England and The History of the Holy Warre, preached here between 1634 and 1650.
- "Parish Population Data". Dorset County Council. 20 January 2015. Retrieved 25 February 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Neighbourhood Statistics. Area: Broadwindsor (Parish).Key figures for 2011 Census: Key Statistics". Office for National Statistics. Retrieved 1 December 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- West Dorset Holiday and Tourist Guide. West Dorset District Council. c. 1983. p. 5.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Reginald J W Hammond (1979). Dorset Coast (4 ed.). Ward Lock Ltd. p. 43. ISBN 0 7063 5494 X.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Roland Gant (1980). Dorset Villages. Robert Hale Ltd. pp. 107–8. ISBN 0 7091 8135 3.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Broadwindsor.|
|This Dorset location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|