Brush Creek Township, Scioto County, Ohio
|Brush Creek Township, Scioto County, Ohio|
|Location of Brush Creek Township in Scioto County
Location of Brush Creek Township in Scioto County
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||50.6 sq mi (130.9 km2)|
|• Land||50.6 sq mi (130.9 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||735 ft (224 m)|
|• Density||24/sq mi (9.2/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086923|
Brush Creek Township is one of the sixteen townships of Scioto County, Ohio, United States. The 2010 census counted 1,199 people in the township, 1,112 of whom lived in the unincorporated parts of the township.
Located in the western part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Rarden Township - north
- Morgan Township - northeast
- Union Township - east
- Nile Township - south
- Jefferson Township, Adams County - west
- Meigs Township, Adams County - northwest
The village of Otway lies in the township's northeast.
Name and history
Brush Creek Township was organized in 1820. Its earliest inhabitants date to before 1800.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
Brush Creek Township residents are served by the Northwest Local School District and Northwest High School
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Profile of General Population and Housing Characteristics: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (DP-1): Brush Creek township, Scioto County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved March 29, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Portsmouth Area Resource Guide, 2007-2008". The Community Common. 2007-07-29. p. 6.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.