|Full name||Cádiz Club de Fútbol, SAD|
|Nickname(s)||El Submarino Amarillo
|Ground||Ramón de Carranza|
|League||2ªB – Group 4|
|2014–15||2ªB – Group 4, 1st|
|Website||Club home page|
Cádiz Club de Fútbol, S.A.D. is a Spanish football team based in Cádiz, in the autonomous community of Andalusia. Founded in 1910, it plays in Segunda División B – Group 4, holding home games at Estadio Ramón de Carranza, with a 25,033-seat capacity.
Often led by the skills of Salvadoran Mágico González, the club managed to miraculously maintain its top flight status in the 1990–91 season, thanks to youth graduate Kiko (and 25 minutes of his inspiration against Real Zaragoza), who picked up the offensive burden after González left. During the late 1980s and early 1990s the club became known as "The Yellow Submarine", due to its capacity of "coming afloat" every year at the end of each season and remain in the top division, despite having been "sunk down" during most of the campaign.
However, in just two seasons, Cádiz dropped down two levels. After a long spell in Segunda División B the club was finally promoted in 2003, spectacularly returning to the top level in 2005, after taking the championship with a last-day victory at neighbours Xerez CD.
However, Cádiz was eventually relegated back to the second tier, in the 37th and penultimate matchday of 2005–06. For the following campaign, former Spanish international Oli took the reins of the team, being sacked after only a few months.
In June 2008, Cádiz dropped another level, returning to the Second B. However, after just one season, it managed to return to the second division, but was immediately relegated in the 2009–10 campaign.
Season to season
- 12 seasons in La Liga
- 37 seasons in Segunda División
- 14 seasons in Segunda División B
- 12 seasons in Tercera División
- 1 season in Categorías Regionales
- As of 23 October 2015
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Promotions and relegations
- Promoted to Segunda División: 1935–36, 1954–55, 2002–03, 2008–09
- Relegated to Tercera División: 1942–43
- Promoted to La Liga: 1976–77, 1980–81, 2004–05
- Relegated to Segunda División: 1977–78, 1992–93, 2005–06
- Relegated to Segunda División B: 1993–94, 2007–08, 2009–10
- Name: Estadio Ramón de Carranza
- City: Cádiz
- Capacity: 25,033
- Inauguration: 1955
- Pitch size: 106 x 68 m
Note: this list includes players that have appeared in at least 100 league games and/or have reached international status.
see also Category:Cádiz CF footballers
see also Category:Cádiz CF managers
- "Cádiz". BDFutbol. Retrieved 8 February 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Historial cadista" (in Spanish). Cadistas 1910. Retrieved 8 February 2014. Unknown parameter
|trans_title=ignored (help) <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>