From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
|Look up cane or canes in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Cane are very tall perennial grasses, with flexible stalks, that grow in damp soils.
Taxa of cane are:
- Arundo, Old World canes
- Arundinaria, New World canes
- Arundo donax, Giant cane
- Arundinaria appalachiana, Hill cane
Cane may also refer to:
- Cane (walking stick), a walking stick (sometimes made of cane)
- Assistive cane, a walking stick used as a mobility aid for better balance
- White cane, a walking stick for mobility or safety of the blind and visually impaired
- Canebrake (disambiguation)
- Caning, corporal punishment with cane (or flexible rattan)
- Caning (furniture), making household furniture out of cane (or wicker or rattan)
- Sugarcane, Sacchrum
- Cane ash, the White Ash tree, Fraxinus americana
- Cane cholla, Cylindropuntia imbricata, a cactus
- Cane (vine), the part of a grapevine in commercial viticulture that supports the new growth of shoots, leaves and grape clusters
- Cane beetle, Dermolepida albohirtum, a pest of sugarcane, native to Australia
- Cane Corso, an Italian Mastiff
- Cane mouse, Zygodontomys, a rodent from Central and South America
- Cane rat, Thryonomys, a large rodent native to Africa
- Cane spider, the Brown Huntsman Spider, Heteropoda venatoria, native to the Caribbean
- Cane toad, Bufo marinus, native to Latin America
- Cane turtle, Vijayachelys silvatica, native to the Cochin Forest, India
- Canë or Qana', an old name for the Yemeni port of Al Mukalla
- Cane Island in Katy, Texas, U.S.A.
- Canë, La Paz, Honduras
- Cane Grove, Guyana
- Cane Hill, a former psychiatric hospital in Coulsdon, London
- Cane Patch, a historic site in Florida, U.S.A.
- Cane Ridge, Kentucky, U.S.A.
- Cane River, a river in Louisiana, U.S.A.
- Cane River Lake, an oxbow lake formed from a portion of the Red River in Natchitoches Parish, Louisiana, United States
- Cane Valley, Kentucky, U.S.A.
- Cane, United States Virgin Islands
Entertainment and the arts
- Cane (musician)
- Cane (novel), African-American novel by Jean Toomer
- Cane (TV series), a U.S. television show on the Columbia Broadcasting System
- Cane Ashby, a character on "The Young and the Restless"
- Facino Cane (1360–1412), Italian condottiero
- Citizen Caned (b. 1972), Darren Tate, an English record producer and club disk jockey
- Cane hockey, colloquial for "roller hockey"
- Cane Pace, a horse racing competition
- Carolina Hurricanes, a National Hockey League team based in Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.A., nicknamed the 'Canes
- Miami Hurricanes, the athletic teams of the University of Miami, nicknamed the 'Canes
- Cane gun, a gun disguised as a walking cane
- Cane sword, a cane with a blade inside
- Caneworking, a style of glassblowing
- CANE, the Classical Association of New England
- Candy cane, a confection
- Caen, a commune in northwestern France
- Cain (disambiguation)
- Cain, Adam's eldest son, who killed his brother Abel
- Caine (disambiguation)
- Cains (disambiguation)
- Canebrake (disambiguation), various places in the American South and Far West
- Kain (disambiguation)
- Kane (disambiguation)
- O'Cahan, an Irish surname (the anglicized form is Kane)
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Cane.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.