Carol Connors (actress)
November 13, 1952 |
|Other names||Caroline May, Carol Kaiser, Carol Conners|
Carol Connors (born November 13, 1952, in New Jersey), is an American former pornographic actress. She was sometimes credited as Caroline May and Carol Kaiser, and starred in about 20 adult movies between 1971 and 1981. Connors is the mother of actress Thora Birch.
Carol Connors began her adult entertainment career in the early 1970s, reaching fame in Deep Throat (1972) and The Erotic Adventures of Candy (1978). In the late 1970s, she had a notable appearance in Gail Palmer's Candy Goes to Hollywood (1979). In 1981 she directed and starred in Desire for Men (1981).
She also appeared on The Gong Show. Her debut was in 1977, as a song-and-dance contestant. Said Connors, "I was awarded nine points by the two men judges and two points by Jaye P. Morgan, one for each ... bosom." She was subsequently invited back for frequent appearances as one of the hostesses who introduced Chuck Barris at the start of the show.
Her Gong Show appearances were parodied in Candy Goes to Hollywood.
- Sharbutt, Jay, Young Gong Show Introducer Carol Connors Rings Bell, Associated Press as published in the Ocala Star-Banner, 13 February 1978. Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Banks, Andrew (28 March 2007). "Three's a crowd on Birch set". news.com.au. Archived from the original on 12 Jan 2011. Retrieved 12 Jan 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Chance, Norman, Who Was Who on TV, Volume 1, Xlibris Corporation, (2010). Retrieved 24 January 2013.
- Apacheland Movie Ranch website Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- Shy Dove taking wing in Superstition Mountains 23 November 1977. Retrieved 27 April 2015.
- Carol Connors at the Internet Movie Database
- Carol Connors at the Internet Adult Film Database
- Carol Connors at the Adult Film Database
|This article about a pornographic actor or actress is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|