Cartoon Network (Germany)
|Launched||September 3, 2005
December 5, 2006 (channel)
|Owned by||Turner Broadcasting System Europe/Turner Broadcasting System Germany (Time Warner)|
|Broadcast area||Germany, Austria, Switzerland|
Great Marlborough Street,
London, United Kingdom
|Sister channel(s)||TNT Film
Cartoon Network is a German television channel for children. It is based in Munich. Cartoon Network Germany broadcasts in German and English audio. Cartoon Network Germany used to use the city bumpers, but now uses a hybrid of CHECK it 3.0 and 1.0 theme. Cartoon Network Germany is available in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Programming also airs on Pokito, RTL II, kabel eins, ORF1, Super RTL and ProSieben. Cartoon Network rebranded on the 25th of November 2010 at 12:00.
In August 2013, SES Platform Services won an international tender by Turner Broadcasting System, to provide playout services for Cartoon Network, and for Boomerang, glitz*, TNT Film and TNT Serie (in both SD and HD) for the German-speaking market, digitization of existing Turner content, and playout for Turner on-demand and catch-up services in Germany, Austria, Switzerland the Benelux region, from November 2013.
Cartoon Network launched in Germany on 3 September 2005 as a Saturday morning programming block on kabel eins. In June 2006, a Boomerang (Germany) was launched and this was followed by the simultaneous launch of Cartoon Network Germany as a 24-hour channel and TCM Germany on 5 December 2006.
As of May 2016[update]
- Adventure Time
- Angelo Rules
- Batman: The Brave and the Bold
- Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Cow and Chicken
- Dexter's Laboratory
- DreamWorks Dragons
- The Powerpuff Girls
- The Powerpuff Girls (2016 TV series)
- Johnny Bravo
- The Amazing World of Gumball
- Regular Show
- Transformers: Prime
- We Bare Bears
- Steven Universe
- Uncle Grandpa
- Teen Titans Go!
- Lego Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu
- Transformers: Robots in Disguise
- Cartoon Network Checker
- Cartoon Network Spurensuche
Logo Cartoon Network 2004-2010.svg
First logo, used from 5 December 2006 to 25 November 2010.
CARTOON NETWORK logo.svg
Second logo, is currently in use since 25 November 2010 to present.
- "Cartoon Network (Germany)". Ofcom. Retrieved 31 December 2011.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Playout and video-on-demand: SES Platform Services wins international tender by Turner Broadcasting" (Press release). SES Platform Services GmbH. August 28, 2013. Retrieved August 31, 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Turner schaltet Spielfilm- und Trickfilmsender auf". Digital Fernsehen. November 23, 2006.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>