Center for Community Change
|File:Center for Community Change Logo.png|
|Focus||Jobs and wages, immigration, retirement security, affordable housing, racial justice and barriers to employment for formerly incarcerated individuals|
|Origins||Response to civil rights concerns|
|Urban areas across the U.S.|
The Center for Community Change (CCC) is a progressive community organizing group active in the United States. It was founded in 1968 in response to civil rights concerns of the 1960s and to honor Robert F. Kennedy. The organization's stated mission "is to build the power and capacity of low-income people, especially low-income people of color, to change their communities and public policies for the better."
CCC typically works in urban areas, especially communities of color, and attempts to form citizen-based groups to work on local issues of concern. The organization sponsors internships and training programs in several areas, including community organizing, service learning, union organizing, electoral engagement, and youth/student organizing.
The Fair Immigration Reform Movement (FIRM) is a project of CCC. FIRM is a coalition of immigrant rights organizations working for comprehensive immigration reform. It has received funding from the Open Society Foundations and the Ford Foundation. CCC has received funding from the Democracy Alliance and the Tides Advocacy Fund.
- "IRS Form 990 2013" (PDF). Internal Revenue Service. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Dreier, Peter (October 24, 2013). "Activists to Watch: Deepak Bhargava". Moyers & Company. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Epstein Korten, Alice (2009). Change Philanthropy: Candid Stories of Foundations Maximizing Results through Social Justice. John Wiley & Sons. p. 277. ISBN 9780470522110.
- Odekon, Mehmet (2006). Encyclopedia of World Poverty, Volume 1. SAGE Publications. p. 134. ISBN 9781452265186.
- "Mission". Center for Community Change. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Rimer, Sara (April 10, 2009). "Community Organizing Never Looked So Good". New York Times. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Center for Community Change / Fair Immigration Reform Movement". Open Society Foundations. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- "Center for Community Change". Ford Foundation. Retrieved 24 April 2015.
- Blumenthal, Paul (January 29, 2015). "Groups With Liberal Ties Tapped To Re-Elect The GOP Establishment". Huffington Post. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- Grim, Ryan (February 28, 2012). "Democracy Alliance Dumps Progressive Organizations". Huffington Post. Retrieved 24 April 2015.