|Panyas Chandrashekhar Vijay Ji Maharaj Saheb|
13 January 1934
|Died||8 August 2011
|Cremation place||Tapovan Sanskarpith, Amiyapur, Gandhinagar|
|Initiation||15 May 1952
by Prem Suri
|Part of a series on|
Chandrashekhar Vijay (18 January 1934 – 8 August 2011), also known as Gurudev or Guruma, was a Jain monk, scholar and author. Born and educated in Mumbai, he was initiated as a monk who later designated Panyas. He was involved in religious as well as sociopolitical activities. He founded several institutions and authored more than 275 books.
He was born on 18 January 1934 (Vikram Samvat 1990, Falgun Sud 5) in Mumbai to Subhadraben and Kantilal Jivatlal Pratapshi. His family belonged to Radhanpur in Banaskantha district. His birth name was Indravadan. He studied up to matriculation. He was initiated as a Jain monk by Prem Suri on 15 May 1952 (Vikram Samvat 2008, Vaisakh Vad 6) at Byculla, Mumbai and was given new name, Chandrashekhar Vijay. Later he was elevated to designation of Panyas on 2 December 1984 (Vikram Samvat 2041, Magsar Sud 10) at Navsari, Gujarat.
He led a nationwide campaign in 2002–2003 against the plan of opening 56,000 new abattoirs under NDA government in India. He initiated 87 disciples as Jain monks. He authored more than 275 books on various subject including religion, culture, nationalism, history, education, criticism and short stories. He established several religious and sociocultural organizations. He founded two schools which professes Indian cultural education, Tapovan Sanskardham at Navsari and Tapovan Sanskarpith near Ahmedabad. He was also considered as one of the best orators among Jain monks.
He died on 8 August 2011 (Vikram Samvat 2067, Shravan Sud 10) at Ambavadi, Ahmedabad. He was cremated at Tapovan Sanskarpith, Amiyapur, Gandhinagar where his memorial temple was constructed later.
- "50,000 attend Jain munis antim darshan". Ahmedabad Mirror. 10 August 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "Thousands take part in Jain saint's last journey". The Times of India. 10 August 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- Outlook. 30–38. 42. Hathway Investments Pvt Ltd. 2002. p. 35.
- "ગુરુવર્ય ચંદ્રશેખરવિજયજી મ.સા.ની પાલખી યાત્રામાં ભક્ત સમુદાય છલકાયો" (in ગુજરાતી). Mumbai Samachar. 10 August 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "પંન્યાસપ્રવર ચંદ્રશેખરવિજયજી મ.સા.ના લાખો લોકોએ દર્શન કર્યા (Final ritual of Chandrashekhar Vijayji)" (in ગુજરાતી). Divya Bhaskar. 10 August 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.
- "જીવદયાના આદર્શોને જીવનભર આત્મસાત્ કર્યા". m.divyabhaskar.co.in (in ગુજરાતી). 9 August 2011. Retrieved 8 January 2015.