Chase Collegiate School
|Chase Collegiate School|
Cease not to learn until thou cease to live
|565 Chase Parkway
Waterbury, Connecticut 06708
|Founded||1865(Collegiate); 1912 (McTernan)|
|NCES School ID||00233283|
|Teaching staff||45.3 (FTE)|
|Grades||Pre-K – 12|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.6|
|Campus size||47 acres (190,000 m2)|
|Color(s)||Green and white|
|Tuition||$6,400–$16,900 (Pre-K); $19,900–$35,900 (K–12) (as of 2014[update])|
Chase Collegiate School is a highly selective non-religious private day school offering education for children from pre-kindergarten through grade 12. The school is on a 47-acre (190,000 m2) campus at 565 Chase Parkway in Waterbury.
Chase is a co-educational school formed by the merger of two single-sex schools. The first was a girls' school established in 1865 as Collegiate Institute for Young Ladies, later St. Margaret's School for Girls. The second was a boys' school established in 1912 as the McTernan School for Boys. Upon merging in 1972, the combined school was called St. Margaret's-McTernan, until being renamed to Chase Collegiate School in 2005.
- Porter J. Goss ’51 - former Florida Congressman and former director of the Central Intelligence Agency
- Elizabeth Ritter ’69 - Connecticut State Representative
- Christopher A. Licht ’89 - author, co-creator and former executive producer of MSNBC’s Morning Joe, current Vice President of News Programming at CBS
- Grant M. Goodeve ’67 - television actor
- Steven J. Erlanger '66 - journalist
- Joan Bennett '26 - actress
- Lucia Chase 1913 - founding patron of the American Ballet Theatre
- Jane Meadows Allan ’37 - stage, film, and television actress
- Gene Tierney ’38 - actress
- James C. Smith ’63 - President, Webster Bank
- "Search for Private Schools – School Detail for Chase Collegiate School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "History and Origins". Waterbury, Connecticut: Chase Collegiate School. Retrieved 2012-03-25.
- "Quick Facts". Waterbury, Connecticut: Chase Collegiate School. Retrieved 2012-03-25.