Chester Township, Clinton County, Ohio
|Chester Township, Clinton County, Ohio|
Jonahs Run Baptist Church
Location of Chester Township in Clinton County
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||31.9 sq mi (82.7 km2)|
|• Land||31.6 sq mi (81.8 km2)|
|• Water||0.3 sq mi (0.9 km2)|
|Elevation||1,001 ft (305 m)|
|• Density||62/sq mi (24.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1085877|
Located in the northwest corner of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Caesarscreek Township, Greene County - northeast
- Liberty Township - east
- Union Township - southeast
- Adams Township - south
- Massie Township, Warren County - southwest
- Wayne Township, Warren County - west
- Spring Valley Township, Greene County - northwest
Caesar Creek State Park is partially located in Chester Township.
No municipalities are located in Chester Township.
New Burlington is a ghost town contained in the township.
Name and history
Chester Township was organized in 1810.
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- Clinton County Historical Society. Clinton County, Ohio, 1982. Wilmington, Ohio: The Society, 1982.
- Ohio Atlas & Gazetteer. 6th ed. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme, 2001. ISBN 0-89933-281-1
- Ohio. Secretary of State. The Ohio municipal and township roster, 2002-2003. Columbus, Ohio: The Secretary, 2003.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Geographic Identifiers: 2010 Demographic Profile Data (G001): Chester township, Clinton County, Ohio". U.S. Census Bureau, American Factfinder. Retrieved January 22, 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Brown, Albert J. (1915). History of Clinton County, Ohio: Its People, Industries, and Institutions. B.F. Bowen. p. 257.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.