|File:Rahn, Christian REG 12-13 WP.JPG
Rahn playing for Regensburg in 2013.
|Date of birth||15 June 1979|
|Place of birth||Hamburg, West Germany|
|Height||1.85 m (6 ft 1 in)|
|Playing position||Full back, midfielder|
|FC St. Pauli II|
|1994–1996||FC St. Pauli|
|1996–2002||FC St. Pauli||79||(4)|
|2005–2006||1. FC Köln||29||(1)|
|2006–2008||F.C. Hansa Rostock||66||(9)|
|2009–2012||SpVgg Greuther Fürth||35||(0)|
|2012–2013||SSV Jahn Regensburg||21||(3)|
|2013–||FC St. Pauli II||0||(0)|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 1 July 2013.
Rahn began his career at FC St. Pauli and has had spells at Hamburger SV and 1. FC Köln. On 15 December 2008, he was released by FC Hansa Rostock. After this, he joined SpVgg Greuther Fürth. After being released by Fürth, he joined Jahn Regensburg on 2 August 2012. Following Regensburg's relegation from the 2. Bundesliga he rejoined his childhood club St. Pauli, playing for and also captaining their reserve squad.
On 9 May 2002, Rahn made his Germany debut in a 7–0 friendly victory in preparation for the 2002 FIFA World Cup against Kuwait. Five days later he was not used for a 0–1 defeat in Cardiff against Wales and one day later Rudi Völler announced that Rahn would not participate in the World Cup. On 31 March 2004, Rahn was called up again for the national team for a 3–0 victory in Cologne against Belgium when he replaced Michael Ballack in the 84th minute. Rahn was initially named in Völler's UEFA Euro 2004 squad, but had to withdraw through injury and was replaced by Christian Ziege.
- "Rahn, Christian" (in German). kicker.de. Retrieved 1 July 2013. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Der Jahn freut sich über Rahn" (in German). kicker.de. 2 August 2012. Retrieved 2 August 2012. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Voeller names Germany squad". BBC. 25 May 2004. Retrieved 16 October 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Germany call up Ziege". BBC. 27 May 2004. Retrieved 16 October 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Christian Rahn profile at Fussballdaten
|This biographical article related to association football in Germany, about a defender born in the 1970s, is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|