Amberger used to visit Augsburg every year where men of power gathered and opportunities for commissions presented themselves. Among those whose portraits he painted were Jakob Fugger, Konrad Peutinger, Georg von Frundsberg and the Emperor Charles V. He travelled to Northern Italy and Venice between 1525 and 1527. He died in Augsburg.
- Lexikon över äldre konst, Raben & Sjögrens, 1959, Stockholm Sweden
- Media related to Christoph Amberger at Wikimedia Commons
- The Grove Dictionary of Art
- Works by Christoph Amberger
- Christoph Amberger on Sandrart.net
- Paintings by Christoph Amberger at the Art UK site
|25px||This article about a German painter is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|