Church of Our Lady of Sorrows (New York City)
|The Church of Our Lady of Sorrows|
|Town or city||Manhattan, New York City|
|Client||Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York|
|Design and construction|
|Church of Our Lady of Sorrows|
The Church of Our Lady of Sorrows (Spanish: Nuestra Señora de los Dolores) is a Roman Catholic parish church in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of New York, located at 105 Pitt Street and Stanton Street, Manhattan, New York City. The area was formerly known as Kleindeutschland (Little Germany).
The Church of Our Lady of Sorrows was established in 1867 as Our Lady of the Seven Dolors Church and staffed by the Capuchin Friars. It served as the national parish for the large number of German Catholics who immigrated to New York in the late nineteenth century. Later it became a parish for Italian and then Hispanic immigrants.
- Our Lady of Sorrows Church Organs (Accessed 14 January 2011)
- The World Almanac 1892 and Book of Facts (New York: Press Publishing, 1892), p.390.
- Remigius Lafort, S.T.D., Censor, The Catholic Church in the United States of America: Undertaken to Celebrate the Golden Jubilee of His Holiness, Pope Pius X. Volume 3: The Province of Baltimore and the Province of New York, Section 1: Comprising the Archdiocese of New York and the Diocese of Brooklyn, Buffalo and Ogdensburg Together with some Supplementary Articles on Religious Communities of Women.. (New York City: The Catholic Editing Company, 1914), p.361.
- Alice McQuillan, "New York Archdiocese to Close 27 Schools," NBC New York, 11 January 2011 (Accessed 7 February 2011)
- Archdiocese of New York, "RECONFIGURATION COMMITTEE RECOMMENDATIONS REGARDING “AT-RISK” SCHOOLS ACCEPTED BY ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK," Official Press Release, 11 January 2011 (Accessed 7 February 2011)
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.