Cinema Audio Society Awards
Cinema Audio Society Awards or The C.A.S. Awards is an annual awards ceremony honoring Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing. The awards are presented by the Cinema Audio Society and began in 1994.
It hands out awards for three categories:
- Feature films
- Television movies
- Miniseries or specials and television series.
The competition is open to feature films and programs released or aired during the calendar year. The winners are revealed in a sealed envelope ceremony during the Cinema Audio Society awards banquet the following spring. Winners are selected entirely by a written balloting of the C.A.S. active members.
Outstanding Achievement in Sound Mixing for a Feature Film
Winners in bold
- Hugo Simon Rhodes, John Midgley, Tom Fleischman
- Hanna — Christopher Scarabosio, Andrew Dudman, Roland Winke, Craig Berkey
- Moneyball — Brad Haehnel, David Giammarco, Ron Bochar, Ed Novick, Deb Adair
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides — Lee Orloff, Alan Meyerson, Christopher Boyes, Paul Massey
- Super 8 — Mark Ulano, Tom Johnson, Dan Wallin, Andy Nelson, Anna Behlmer
- True Grit — Peter F. Kurland; Skip Lievsay, Craig Berkey, Greg Orloff
- Black Swan — Ken Ishii; Dominick Tavella, Craig Henighan
- Inception — Ed Novick; Lora Hirschberg, Gary A. Rizzo
- Shutter Island — Petur Hliddal; Tom Fleishman
- The Social Network — Mark Weingarten; Ren Klyce, David Parker, Michael Semanick
- The Hurt Locker - Paul N.J. Ottosson, Ray Beckett
- Avatar - Chris Boyes, Gary Summers, Andy Nelson, Tony Johnson
- District 9 - Michael Hedges, Gilbert Lake, Ken Saville
- Star Trek - Anna Behlmer, Andy Nelson, Peter J. Devlin
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Greg P. Russell, Gary Summers, Geoffrey Patterson