May 18, 1918
Guymon, Oklahoma, U.S.
|Died||June 16, 2011
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Paul Bryar (19??–August 30, 1985; his death)|
Claudia Bryar (May 18, 1918 – June 16, 2011) was an American actress who mostly specialized in television. Active from the 1950s to the 1980s, she is perhaps best known for her role as Mrs. Emma Spool in Psycho II.
She played small parts in mostly Western television series such as Gunsmoke, Bonanza, and The Guns of Will Sonnett, but also The Real McCoys, The Bob Newhart Show, The Andy Griffith Show, and The Twilight Zone (Episode: "Mute"). She appeared in small roles in such films as I Was A Teenage Frankenstein and Bad Company. She appeared in made-for-television movies such as Alexander: The Other Side of Dawn (1977) and The Family Nobody Wanted (1975). Her career ended with her role of Mrs. Prince in Hill Street Blues.
- I Was A Teenage Frankenstein (1957) as Arlene's Mother
- The True Story of Lynn Stuart (1958) as Nora Efron
- A Big Hand for the Little Lady (1966) as Mrs. Price
- The Shakiest Gun in the West (1968) as Mrs. Remington
- Gaily, Gaily (1969) as Mother
- Angel in My Pocket (1969) as Mrs. Axel Gresham
- Bad Company (1972) as Mrs. Clum
- Ace Eli and Rodger of the Skies (1973) as Ann
- Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973) as Mrs. Horrell
- Psycho II (1983) as Mrs. Emma Spool
- Psycho III (1986) as Mrs. Emma Spool (flashback)
- Claudia Bryar at the Internet Movie Database
- Pictures of Claudia Bryar as Mrs. Emma Spool, Cinemorgue.com
- Obituary, latimes.com