Club Sol de América
|Sol de América Emblem|
|Full name||Club Sol de América|
|Ground||Estadio Luis Alfonso Giagni,
Villa Elisa, Paraguay
|Chairman||José María Silva|
|League||Paraguayan Primera División|
|Website||Club home page|
Club Sol de América is a Paraguayan sports club, mostly known for its football team. The club is located in Barrio Obrero, Paraguay, and it was founded in 1909. The stadium Sol de America uses for most of its first division games is located in the suburb city of Villa Elisa. Sol de America have won the Paraguayan First Division title on two occasions, in 1986 and then again in 1991. They also have a strong basketball team and an athletics department.
- 1986, 1991
- 1965, 1977, 2006
Performance in CONMEBOL competitions
- Copa Libertadores: 6 appearances
- Best: Quarter-finals in 1989
- 1989: Quarter-finals
As of October 24, 2014.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- To appear in this section a player must have either:
- Played at least 125 games for the club.
- Set a club record or won an individual award while at the club.
- Been part of a national team squad at any time.
- Played in the first division of any other football association (outside of Paraguay).
- Played in a continental and/or intercontinental competition.
- Ferenc Puskás (1985–86)
- Sergio Markarián (1987–89)
- Ever Hugo Almeida (Jan 1, 1997 – Jan 1, 1999), (Jan 1, 2000 – Jan 1, 2001)
- Ricardo Dabrowski (Sept 11, 2011 – April 5, 2013)
- Gualberto Jara (April 9, 2013 – Sept 23, 2013)
- Mauricio Larriera (Sept 24, 2013 – Oct 25, 2013)
- Roberto Pompei (Dec 11, 2013–)
Sol de América also has an athletics department affiliated with the Federación Paraguaya de Atletismo. Physical preparers of the club are Edgar Torres and 2004, 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics javelin thrower Leryn Franco.
Notable athletes to represent the club at national competitions in Paraguay are:
- Edgar Fabián Jara Dohmann (Javelin throw, 100m, Long jump) – The athlete has also represented Paraguay at the 2012 South American Under-23 Championships, 2014 South American Games and the 2014 South American Under-23 Championships.
- Laura Melissa Paredes (Javelin throw) – The athlete has also represented Paraguay at the 2012 South American Youth Championships and the 2013 World Youth Championships.
- Santiago Sasiaín (Hammer throw) – The athlete has the national record of Hammer throw with 62.30m.
- Paraguayan Championship: 9
- 1982, 1983, 1984, 1995, 1996, 1998, 1999, 2007, 2010, 2011
|This article about sports in Paraguay is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article about a South American football club is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|