College of Art, Delhi
|University of Delhi|
|Principal||Prof. S.N. Lahiri|
|Undergraduates||Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)|
|Postgraduates||Master of Fine Arts (MFA)|
|Location||20-22 Tilak Marg,
New Delhi - 110001.
College of Art, Delhi, established in 1942 under the arts department of the Delhi College of Engineering now the Delhi Technological University (DTU), is a premier art college for advanced training in Visual Art i.e. Creative and Applied Art, under the Faculty of Music & Fine Art, University of Delhi, and run by Government of NCT Delhi. It is situated on Tilak Marg, New Delhi.
The college offers courses both at graduate and postgraduate levels; It offers courses in most mediums of Visual Art, both Creative and Applied Art. This includes training for Master of Fine Art (MFA, a post graduation course of two year in duration) except Art History and Bachelor of Fine Art (BFA, an undergraduate course with 4 years duration) in Applied Art, Art History, Painting, Printmaking, Sculpture, Visual Communication and techniques with emphasis on studio practicals, outdoor practicals, prescribed theory subjects and research in selected fields.
Art Education stalwarts such as Ramendranath Chakravarty, B.C.Sanyal, Biswanath Mukherjee, O.P.Sharma, have since its inception, headed and nurtured this prestigious institution. The College has also had the good fortune to associate, over the years, with educationists and eminent artists such as Asim Pal, Sailoz Mukherjee, K.S.Kulkarni, G.R.Santosh, Bimal Das Gupta, Dhanraj Bhagat, Jaya Appaswamy, Dinkar Kowshik, Somnath Hore, Biren De, Satish Gujral, Amarnath Sehgal, P.D.Abhayankar, P.N.Mago, S.S.Vohra, N.C.Sen Gupta, Narendra Srivastav, Rajesh Mehra, Anupam Sud, Paresh Maity Vijender Sharma, K.L.Rangeen, Jagmohan Chopra, Paramjeet Singh. To mention a few names from the so vast an alumni such as Manjit Bawa, Rameshwar Broota, Sidharth Sen, Niloy Sen, Pradip Sircar, E.J.Enas, Neeraj Goswami, Subha Ghosh. Besides, the present Faculty also includes from the alumni such members as K S Pawar, Sri Rabi Shankar Dey, B.S.Chauhan, Sangeeta Kaushik, Manoj Kumar, Pardeep Kumar, R.K.Panwar and Mohan Singh.
The Annual Art Exhibition of the college, put by students is held every year during the month of March, which is the only time students are allowed to stay back over night inside the college premises. Hindustan Times and Times of India always cover these exhibitions but not so much as the student-teacher confrontation behind.
- Rameshwar Broota
- Shekhar Gurera
- Ved Nayar
- Narendra Srivastav
- Rajesh Mehra
- Gogi Saroj Pal
- Kanchan Chandra
- Jagadish Dey
- D. B. Seth
- Neeraj Goswami
- Paresh Maity
- Amba Sanyal
- Gopi Gajwani
- College of Art, New Delhi : Official Web
- College of Art, New Delhi : Social Media
- "Art college gets gallery, auditorium". Indian Express. Mar 9, 2008.
College of Art, one of country’s premium art colleges...<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "College of Art gets new buildings". The Hindu. Mar 9, 2008.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Fine prospects await artists". The Hindu. Jan 16, 2006.
Some of the reputed schools offering BFA are...College of Art, Delhi, ..<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Painter Manjit Bawa dies at 67". Sify.com. 2008-12-29.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "About art and more of fine art". The Hindu. Mar 12, 2008.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Annual exhibition at College of Art". The Hindu. Mar 15, 2009.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "College of Art to get a makeover". The Times of India. 17 October 2004.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Cartoonist's Gallery ShekharGurera.com
- "Amba Sanyal Akademi Award: Allied Theatre Arts (Costume Designing)". Sangeet Natak Akademi. Retrieved 2014-04-12.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>