|Region or state||North America|
|Cookbook: Combos Media: Combos|
Combos, officially called Combos Baked Snacks, are cylindrical tubes of cracker, pretzel, or tortilla, available with various fillings.
Combos Snacks, invented in the mid-1970s, are a snack food distributed by Mars, Incorporated, and sold throughout North America. The product was originally created by the Anheuser-Busch brewery's snack food arm, Eagle Snacks, before Mars purchased the assets when Eagle Snacks was dissolved in 1996. Though the pretzel form was produced first, Combos were first released in cracker form. They are also available with tortilla shells.
Combos are produced by forming a soft bread-like dough, which is hollowed out into a tube-shaped form. A cutter slices the dough into bite-sized lengths. The snacks are then baked, cooled, and filled with the appropriate filling.
In 2006, Combos worked with TBWA and Agency.com to create the Man Mom campaign, and in 2008, Combos worked with Agency.com to create the Combos Nation campaign. Combos is an official sponsor of Kyle Busch, NASCAR driver of the fix 18 Toyota Camry. It is the official cheese-filled snack of NASCAR.
In popular culture
- The 2000 Morphine song "Top Floor Bottom Buzzer" on the album The Night contains the lines, "... There's a muchacha, teachin' me to mambo. There's my buddy Pete eyein' a bowl of Combos. Ramona and a man do a tango dip. Cheek to cheek, hip to hip, come on. ..."
- Rodney Rush played the character of Christian "Combo" Ortega on the show Breaking Bad, named after the snack.
- Pederson, Jay P. (1998). International directory of company histories. St. James Press. p. 528. ISBN 1-55862-363-9.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "2007 Creativity Award Winner: Combos "Man Mom" Campaign - The Creativity Awards". Creativity Online. 2007-05-14. Retrieved 2011-04-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Combo Snacks: What Your Mom Would Feed You If Your Mom Were A Man". Adpunch. 2007-05-25. Retrieved 2011-04-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "NASCAR Daily News Headlines * June 3, 2008". Insiderracingnews.com. 2008-06-03. Retrieved 2011-04-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Official Release (2008-12-22). "Mars' multiyear contract extends NASCAR brand - Dec 22, 2008". Nascar.Com. Retrieved 2011-04-11.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|This brand-name food or drink product–related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|