Concord Township, Highland County, Ohio
|Concord Township, Highland County, Ohio|
|The Samuel Lyle Log House on Pondlick Road
The Samuel Lyle Log House on Pondlick Road
|Location of Concord Township in Highland County
Location of Concord Township in Highland County
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||33.7 sq mi (87.3 km2)|
|• Land||33.7 sq mi (87.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,053 ft (321 m)|
|• Density||34.6/sq mi (13.4/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086301|
Located in the southern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- New Market Township - north
- Washington Township - northeast
- Jackson Township - east
- Scott Township, Adams County - southeast
- Winchester Township, Adams County - south
- Eagle Township, Brown County - southwest
- Whiteoak Township - west
No municipalities are located in Concord Township.
- Fairfax is an unincorporated community located along SR 247 and SR 785 in the southeastern portion of the township.
- Sugartree Ridge is an unincorporated community located along SR 136 in the northwestern portion of the township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Highland County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.