Conspicuous Service Cross (Australia)
|Conspicuous Service Cross|
Medal and ribbon
|Awarded by Australia|
|Eligibility||Members of the Australian Defence Force and Officers & Instructors of the Australian Defence Force Cadets|
|Awarded for||outstanding commitment to duty or outstanding application of exceptional skills, judgment or dedication, in non-war-like situations |
|Established||18 October 1989|
|Last awarded||2015 Australia Day Honours|
|Order of Wear|
|Next (higher)||Member of the Royal Victorian Order|
|Next (lower)||Nursing Service Cross|
|Related||Conspicuous Service Medal|
The Conspicuous Service Cross (authorised Post-nominal letters CSC) is a decoration (medal) of the Australian Honours System. The CSC is awarded only for outstanding devotion to duty, or outstanding achievement in the application of exceptional skills, judgment or dedication, in non-warlike situations. Since its inception 889 had been awarded as at 26 January 2015. All ranks are eligible for the award.
- The medal is a nickel-silver modified Maltese Cross with each axis measuring 38 millimetres, ensigned with the Crown of Saint Edward in nickel-silver, with the arms of the cross interspersed with fluted rays. The obverse bears a central device of the Southern Cross surrounded by a laurel wreath.
- The back of the cross shows a horizontal panel.
- The ribbon is 32 millimetres wide, having alternating diagonal stripes of bush green and sandy gold 6 millimetres wide.
- Additional awards of the CSC wear a nickel-silver bar with a superimposed replica of the cross. The bar is attached to the ribbon of the original award.
Multiple award recipients
To date seven people have received the Conspicuous Service Cross for a second time. Listed below are some of those seven.
- Colonel Jeffrey Martin Quirk, CSC - originally awarded on 2000 Queen's Birthday Honours and the bar awarded in the 2010 Queen's Birthday Honours.
- Rear Admiral Stuart Mayer, CSC, RAN - originally awarded in the 2008 Australia Day Honours and the bar awarded in the 2011 Australia Day Honours.
- Colonel Mark Andrew Brewer, CSC - originally awarded in the 2006 Queen's Birthday Honours and the bar awarded in the 2011 Australia Day Honours.
- Lieutenant Colonel Rolf Audrins, CSC - originally awarded in the 2007 Queen's Birthday Honours and the bar awarded in the 2013 Australia Day Honours.
- Group Captain Christopher Thomas Hanna, CSC - originally awarded on 27 November 2003 and the bar awarded in the 2013 Australia Day Honours.
- Commander Jan Elizabeth Noonan, CSC, RAN - originally awarded in the 2003 Queen's Birthday Honours and the bar awarded in the 2014 Australia Day Honours.
- Australian Honours System
- Australian Honours Order of Precedence
- Post Nominal Letters
- Category:Recipients of the Conspicuous Service Cross (Australia)
- "The Order of Wearing Australian Honours and Awards" (PDF). Government House. 25 September 2007. Retrieved 23 March 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Maton 1995, p. 78.
- It's an Honour - Australian government website
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|