|Original video animation|
|Directed by||Koichi Ohata|
Cybernetics Guardian (聖獣機サイガード Seijuki Cyguard?) is an anime Original Video Animation. It was released in English on 16 March 1989, licensed by Central Park Media. It is about John Stalker who is a research pilot for the fictional Central Guard Company. John was born in the city of Cyber-wood, in an area known as the Cancer Slums. The antagonist of the story, Adler, plans to attack the citizens of the Cancer Slums.
In this Japanese animated science fiction adventure, cities of the future are plagued by violence, and the Central Guard Company is commissioned to find a solution to urban crime. One designer creates a Guard Suit with special psychic powers, while another develops a robotic killing machine that will not only eliminate the bad guys, but also get rid of his romantic rivals in the process. But when John Stalker is given the assignment of testing the Guard Suit, it uncovers a dark and dangerous secret he's kept hidden from the world.
- Jonathan Clements, Helen McCarthy, The anime encyclopedia, Stone Bridge Press, 2006
- Trish Ledoux, Doug Ranney, Fred Patten, The complete anime guide, Tiger Mountain Press, 1997
- Andy Mangels, Animation on DVD: The Ultimate Guide, Stone Bridge Press, 2003
- James M. Craddock, Video Source Book, Thompson Gale, 2006
- Video Watchdog, Issues 31-36, Tim & Donna Lucas, 1996
- The Video Librarian, Volumes 10–11, Randy Pitman, 1995
|This anime original video animation–related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|