Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|Daşoguz region in Turkmenistan
Daşoguz region in Turkmenistan
|• Total||73,430 km2 (28,350 sq mi)|
|• Density||19/km2 (48/sq mi)|
Daşoguz Region (Turkmen: Daşoguz welaýaty) (formerly Daşhowuz / Дашховуз) is one of the regions of Turkmenistan. It is in the north of the country, bordering Uzbekistan. The area of the province is 73,430 square kilometers, and the total population is 1,370,400 (2005 est.). The capital is Daşoguz (Дашогуз).
The region is mostly desert, and is experiencing severe environmental degradation as a result of the Aral Sea ecological catastrophe. Increased soil salinity has ruined thousands of square kilometers of farmland.
- Daşoguz City (formerly Daşhowuz)
- Köneürgenç City (formerly Kunya Urgench) – granted etrap status on 3 February 2008
- Akdepe District
- Boldumsaz District
- Görogly District (formerly Tagta)
- Gubadag District
- Gurbansoltan Eje District (formerly Ýylanly)
- Köneürgenç District
- Ruhubelent District — created March 30, 2007
- Saparmyrat Nyýazow District (formerly Daşoguz/Daşhowuz etrap)
- Saparmyrat Türkmenbaşy District
- Statistical Yearbook of Turkmenistan 2000-2004, National Institute of State Statistics and Information of Turkmenistan, Ashgabat, 2005.
- Дашогузский Велаят
- Turkmenistan Districts
- Halk Maslahaty resolution changing the status of Köneürgenç City
- Изменения наименований географических объектов Туркменистана, Rosreestr, 2010.
||Karakalpakstan, Uzbekistan||Xorazm Province, Uzbekistan|
|Balkan Province||Ahal Province||Lebap Province|
|This Turkmenistan location article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|