David Fletcher (musician)
David Eldon Fletcher (10 December 1971 – 29 June 2009) was a British musician and Principal Double Bass of the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra and guest Principal Bass of the Norwegian National Opera in Oslo.
He worked with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, the London Symphony Orchestra, the BBC National Orchestra of Wales and many others. He was also a member of British Psychedelic folk/rock band Colorama. In 2006 he was made a Fellow of the Royal Academy of Music in recognition of his achievements.
The David Fletcher Memorial Fund was launched in October 2010 to provide support for young double bass players on the cusp of their professional careers.
- "Colorama's Dave Fletcher has died - Band Weblogs - The Music Blog | Music News". Band Weblogs. Retrieved 23 July 2010.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "David Fletcher Obituary - Musicians' Union Website". Autumn 2009.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Liverpool.com - Musician can make his double bass sing
- musicians union - Tribute to David Fletcher
- BBC's musical biography of Colorama
- BBC Glastonbury - This page is dedicated to David Fletcher
- Encore Magazine Summer 09
- The David Fletcher Memorial Fund
|This article about a British classical musician is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article on a double bass player is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|