From Infogalactic: the planetary knowledge core
This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2011)
He has performed clarinet concertos with many major orchestras around the world.
- He served as principal clarinet with several orchestras, including the American Symphony Orchestra under Leopold Stokowski, and the Cleveland Orchestra.
- From 1992 to 2004 he was Artistic Director of The Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center.
- Since 1987 he has been professor of clarinet (adjunct) at the Yale University School of Music.
- He has served on the faculties of the Juilliard School, the University of Southern California, the University of Michigan, the Cleveland Institute of Music, and the University of Hawaii.
- He was appointed Artistic Director of Chamber Music Northwest in 1981.
Three of his recordings have been nominated for Grammy Awards:
- The collected chamber music of Claude Debussy, with the Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- The Copland Clarinet Concerto
- Ravel's Introduction and Allegro (with the Tokyo String Quartet)