Dean Park Cricket Ground
|As of 28 March 2011
Dean Park is a cricket ground in Bournemouth, England, currently used by Dorset County Cricket Club, Bournemouth University Cricket Club, as well as by Parley Cricket Club and Suttoners Cricket Club. It was formerly used by Hampshire County Cricket Club.
Dean Park has hosted 343 first-class matches since 1897, but none since 1992. There have also been 77 List A games at the ground, the most recent being in 2010. One women's One-day International, between Young England and Australia, was staged at Dean Park as part of the inaugural Women's Cricket World Cup in 1973.
on Tuesday 26 November 1878 Bournemouth F.C. participated in one of the first floodlit matches, when they played under experimental electric lights at Dean Park for "a grand exhibition of the new electric light". In 1888 the club moved to Dean Park and changed their name to Bournemouth Dean Park.
Following changes to county borders that transferred Bournemouth from Hampshire to Dorset, reflecting this the ground is now used by Dorset County Cricket Club as its main venue and club headquarters.
- Highest team total: 610 by Kent v Hampshire, 1906
- Lowest team total: 31 by Hampshire v Worcestershire, 1965
- Highest individual innings: 316 by Dick Moore for Hampshire v Warwickshire, 1937
- Best bowling in an innings: 9-39 by Hugh Trumble for Australians v South of England, 1902
- Best bowling in a match: 15-68 by Hugh Trumble, as above
- Highest team total: 333/4 (50 overs) by Glamorgan v Dorset, 2000
- Lowest team total: 71 (33.2 overs) by Norfolk v Dorset, 2000
- Highest individual innings: 156 by Matthew Elliott for Glamorgan v Dorset, 2000
- Best bowling in an innings: 5-10 by Vyvian Pike for Dorset v Norfolk, 2000
- "Bournemouth University - Facilities and Resources - Sports - Dean Park Cricket Ground". Bournemouth University. Archived from the original on 9 November 2007. Retrieved 3 May 2007. Unknown parameter
|deadurl=ignored (help)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Grounds - Dean Park, Bournemouth". Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 May 2007.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Same match.
- Dean Park, Bournemouth, CricketArchive. Retrieved 3 May 2007.
- Grounds - Dean Park, Bournemouth, Cricinfo. Retrieved 3 May 2007.
Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.
|40px||This article about a Hampshire building or structure is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article about a cricket ground in England is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|