Declaration of State Sovereignty of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic
|Declaration of State Sovereignty of the Russian SFSR
Russian: Декларация о государственном суверенитете РСФСР
|File:Congress of People's Deputies of the Russian SFSR (12 June 1990).jpg
First Congress of People's Deputies of Russia passes Declaration of state sovereignty of the Russian SFSR. 12 June 1990.
|Created||11 June 1990|
|Ratified||12 June 1990|
|Location|| Russia, Moscow Kremlin
Place, where document signed, not location of copies
|Signatories||Chairman of the Supreme Soviet of the RSFSR|
|Purpose||Declaration of sovereignty|
|Russian Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
The Declaration on State Sovereignty of the RSFSR (Russian: Декларация о государственном суверенитете РСФСР, Deklaratsiya o gosudarstvennom suverenitete RSFSR) was a political act of the Russian Soviet Federative Socialist Republic, then part of the Soviet Union, which marked the beginning of constitutional reform in Russia. The Declaration was adopted by the First Congress of People's Deputies of the Russian SFSR on June 12, 1990. It proclaimed the sovereignty of the Russian SFSR and the intention to establish a democratic constitutional state within a liberalized Soviet Union. The declaration also states the following:
- Priority of the constitution and laws of the Russian SFSR over legislation of the Soviet Union (sovereignty).
- Equal legal opportunities for all citizens, political parties and public organizations (equality before the law).
- The principle of separation of legislative, executive and judicial powers;
- The need to significantly expand the rights of the autonomous republics, regions, districts, territories of Russia (federalism).
- Постановление Верховного Совета Российской Федерации от 11 июня 1992 г. N 2981-I «О праздничном дне 12 июня» (in Russian). Retrieved 14 June 2009. <templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>