Born Marion Delbridge Moore in Pensacola, Florida, he began his career in radio before moving to television. In 1952, he appeared in the first of several So You Want To ... Warner Bros. comedy shorts with George O'Hanlon. He co-starred in the early television comedy Life with Elizabeth (1953–55), with Betty White. He appeared in many episodes of Dragnet and Adam-12, and was a regular on the series Bachelor Father playing Cal Mitchell. For several years in the late 1950s he hosted a daily children's program opposite Willy the Wolf (a muppet-like adult size character) on KTTV Channel 11 in Los Angeles.
Moore played supporting roles in several Jerry Lewis films, including The Big Mouth and The Patsy. He made his feature film debut in Lewis' Cinderfella in 1960 and was the university president in 1963's The Nutty Professor. He was also in the 1967 teen film Catalina Caper, which later appeared as an "experiment" in a 1990 episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000.
- Del Moore profile, imdb.com; accessed March 23, 2015.
- "Del Moore biography". Fandango.com. Retrieved 2008-12-08.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Del Moore,". walkoffame.com. Retrieved June 4, 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Profile, movietome.com; accessed March 23, 2015.
- Profile, findagrave.com; accessed March 23, 2015.
|This article about an American comedian is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|