Dengeki PlayStation (電撃PlayStation?) is a Japanese gaming magazine published by ASCII Media Works (formerly MediaWorks). The magazine originally featured information pertaining to PlayStation video games, but since then has also incorporated information from PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Portable games. The magazine first went on sale in December 1994 as a special edition version of Dengeki G's Magazine.
Special edition versions
- Dengeki PS2
- Dengeki PS2 was a special edition version of Dengeki PlayStation that was published about three or four times a year in irregular intervals. It was first published on January 22, 1997 under the title Dengeki PlayStation D, and was changed to the current title in September 2001 until its final issue on February 15, 2008. The magazine mainly featured information on the PlayStation 2, but also carried information about games for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Portable as well.
- Dengeki PSP
- Dengeki PSP was another special edition version of Dengeki PlayStation that, like Dengeki PS2 was published only a few times a year and in irregular intervals. The magazine mainly features information on the PlayStation Portable, and was published between December 3, 2004 and October 21, 2011.
- Dengeki Girl's Style
- Dengeki Girl's Style (電撃Girl's Style?) was the third special edition version of Dengeki PlayStation. It was first published under the title Dengeki PlayStation Girl's Style on December 4, 2003, but the title dropped the PlayStation in early 2007. The magazine was originally sold quarterly, but switched to a bimonthly publication on April 10, 2007, and became an independent magazine. The magazine began to be published monthly on April 10, 2012. The magazine mainly features information on otome and boy's love games, but also carries information on anime and manga geared towards a female audience. A special edition version titled Dengeki Girl's Style BL Version specifically covers information on shōnen-ai otome games and was first sold on June 30, 2008.
- Dengeki Online D
- Dengeki Online D was the fourth special edition version of Dengeki PlayStation which was first published between August 31 and December 21, 2007. The magazine covered online-capable video games for many different platforms, such as Final Fantasy XI and Monster Hunter Frontier, which were featured in the first issue.
- Dengeki PlayStation's official website (Japanese)
- Dengeki PS2's official website (Japanese)
- Dengeki PSP's official website (Japanese)
- Dengeki Girl's Style official website (Japanese)
|32px||This PlayStation-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This video game magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.