Richard J. Bremer (born March 1, 1956) is a sports broadcaster for Fox Sports North. He does the play-by-play announcing for the Minnesota Twins and Minnesota Gophers men's basketball and other Minnesota sports such as Minnesota Golden Gophers football and hockey. He previously called Iowa Hawkeyes men's basketball and Minnesota North Stars games during his tenure. He partners up with, primarily, Bert Blyleven, but at times also works with Tom Kelly or Jack Morris for the Minnesota Twins television broadcasts.
Bremer was born in St. Paul, Minnesota. Raised in the small town of Dumont, Minnesota in Traverse County, Bremer was a graduate of Staples High School in Staples, Minnesota. He graduated from St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota in 1978.
Before his broadcasting career, Bremer was a Disc Jockey for KCLD (St. Cloud). His nickname was "Duke in the Dark". In 1983 he began broadcasting games for the Twins for Spectrum Sports. This was the second year of the Metrodome's existence. Bremer calls games on Fox Saturday Baseball currently with Mitch Williams in some games involving the Twins.
Bremer also took part in a Charter Communications commercial promoting watching football in High Definition.
Bremer and his wife Heidi live in St. Michael, Minnesota. They have a son and daughter, Erik and Hannah. Bremer's father was a Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod pastor and Bremer has done public speaking at churches across the Midwest talking about his faith. He is a devout Lutheran.
- Dorr, Luther. "TIMEOUT: Twins heat up Hot Stove League". Princeton Union-Eagle. Retrieved 2007-03-22.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Broadcasters". MLB Advanced Media. Retrieved October 8, 2012.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Carlson Gustafson, Amy. "Rosen, Bremer, ZeVan join Minnesota Broadcasting Hall of Fame". Pioneer Press. Retrieved 15 May 2014.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- TwinCities.com: Minnesota Twins broadcaster Dick Bremer finds losses hard to take
- Minnesota Twins: Broadcasters