Dixon Township, Preble County, Ohio
|Dixon Township, Preble County, Ohio|
|Concord United Church of Christ
Concord United Church of Christ
|Location of Dixon Township in Preble County
Location of Dixon Township in Preble County
|Coordinates: Lua error in Module:Coordinates at line 668: callParserFunction: function "#coordinates" was not found.|
|• Total||35.7 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Land||35.7 sq mi (92.5 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||1,135 ft (346 m)|
|• Density||15.6/sq mi (6.0/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|GNIS feature ID||1086844|
Located in the southwestern part of the county, it borders the following townships:
- Jackson Township - north
- Washington Township - northeast
- Gasper Township - east
- Somers Township - southeast corner
- Israel Township - south
- Center Township, Union County, Indiana - southwest
- Harrison Township, Union County, Indiana - west
- Boston Township, Wayne County, Indiana - northwest
No municipalities are located in Dixon Township.
Name and history
The township is governed by a three-member board of trustees, who are elected in November of odd-numbered years to a four-year term beginning on the following January 1. Two are elected in the year after the presidential election and one is elected in the year before it. There is also an elected township fiscal officer, who serves a four-year term beginning on April 1 of the year after the election, which is held in November of the year before the presidential election. Vacancies in the fiscal officership or on the board of trustees are filled by the remaining trustees.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Preble County, Ohio — Population by Places Estimates Ohio State University, 2007. Accessed 15 May 2007.
- Kilbourn, John (1833). "The Ohio Gazetteer, or, a Topographical Dictionary". Scott and Wright. p. 181. Retrieved 12 December 2013.
- "Detailed map of Ohio" (PDF). United States Census Bureau. 2000. Retrieved 2007-02-16.
- §503.24, §505.01, and §507.01 of the Ohio Revised Code. Accessed 4/30/2009.