|Attorney General of Hawaii|
March 12, 2015
|Preceded by||Russell Suzuki (Acting)|
|Born||Seattle, Washington, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Stanford University
University of Hawaii, Manoa
Douglas S. Chin is an American attorney and the current Attorney General of Hawaii.
Early life and education
Douglas S. Chin was born in Seattle to Chinese immigrant parents, his mother a librarian, and his father a civil engineer. He grew up studying violin and piano. He earned his B.A. in English from Stanford University and his J.D. degree from the University of Hawaii's William S. Richardson School of Law.
Peter Carlisle hired Chin as city prosecutor in 1998. He spent 12 years at the Honolulu Prosecuting Attorney's office and was named first deputy in 2006. Chin was an associate attorney at the law firm Carlsmith Ball from 2005 to 2006. Carlisle nominated Chin to be the city's managing director in 2010. In 2013 he returned to Carlsmith Ball as managing partner. Governor David Ige nominated Chin for Attorney General of Hawaii in January 2015. The Hawaii Senate was unanimous in its confirmation of Chin on March 12, 2015.
- Koga, Dave (October 8, 2010). "Douglas Chin". Honolulu Star-Advertiser.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Reyes, B.J. (January 16, 2015). "Ige names attorney general, PUC chairman". Honolulu Star-Advertiser.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "Senate confirms attorney general, public safety director". KHON2. March 12, 2015.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Baehr, Brooks (September 22, 2010). "Carlisle names Douglas Chin as new managing director". Hawaii News Now.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- "People Who Make Hawaii Work: Douglas S. Chin". Pacific Business News. January 25, 2013.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
David M. Louie
|Attorney General of Hawaii