|Location of Central within the U.S. city of Minneapolis
Location of Central within the U.S. city of Minneapolis
|• Total||3.024 sq mi (7.83 km2)|
|• Density||9,800/sq mi (3,800/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP code||55401, 55402, 55403, 55404, 55405, 55411, 55415, 55454, 55487|
The Central community in Minneapolis is located in the central part of the city, consisting of 6 smaller official neighborhoods, and includes Downtown Minneapolis, the central business district. It also includes some high-density residential areas surrounding it, excluding areas east of the Mississippi River.
Official neighborhoods in the Central community
- Downtown East
- Downtown West where most of the high-rise office buildings are located
- Elliot Park
- Loring Park
- North Loop commonly referred to as the Warehouse District
- Stevens Square/Loring Heights
Downtown Minneapolis Panorama
Downtown Minneapolis from Lake Calhoun.
Minneapolis Skyline from Target Field.
The Foshay Tower
33 South Sixth, also known as the City Center.
The Carlyle, the tallest residential building in Minneapolis.
Campbell Mithun Tower 1.jpg
Ameriprise Financial Center Minneapolis 1.jpg
Hennepin County Govt Center.JPG
The Hennepin County Government Center, the site of the Occupy Minnesota protests.
US Bank Plaza, the 6th tallest building in Minneapolis.
Dain Rauscher Plaza Minneapolis 1.jpg
Fifth Street Towers Minneapolis 1.jpg
AT&T Tower Minneapolis 1.jpg
- "Greater Central neighborhood in Minneapolis, Minnesota (MN), 55401, 55402, 55403, 55404, 55415 detailed profile". City-Data. 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- "Minneapolis Community Profile: Central" (PDF). Minnesota Compass. October 2011. Retrieved 2013-11-12.
- Central, Minneapolis, MN. Google Earth. Retrieved 2011-03-09.