Dreams (1955 film)
|Directed by||Ingmar Bergman|
|Produced by||Rune Waldekranz|
|Written by||Ingmar Bergman|
|Edited by||Carl-Olov Skeppstedt|
Susanne is the owner of a model agency in Stockholm. Doris, her most popular model, has an argument with her fiancé, Palle, just before she goes with Susanne to Gothenburg to be photographed in a new collection.
In Gothenburg Doris meets an aging Consul, who sees in her a striking resemblance to his wife, now in a mental hospital. The Consul gratifies Doris’s desires for fine clothes and jewelry, and the two spend a strenuously exciting day together, until his daughter arrives and ruthlessly exposes her father’s egotism.
Susanne has meanwhile telephoned her ex-lover Henrik and arranged a rendezvous with him. Henrik reluctantly visits her. They make love and are planning to resume their relationship when his wife arrives.
She proves conclusively that Henrik is a weakling. Disillusioned, Susanne returns with Doris to Stockholm, where Doris’s fiancé waits.
- Eva Dahlbeck as Susanne
- Harriet Andersson as Doris
- Gunnar Björnstrand as Otto Sönderby
- Ulf Palme as Mr. Henrik Lobelius
- Inga Landgré as Mrs. Lobelius
- Benkt-Åke Benktsson as Mr. Magnus
- Sven Lindberg as Palle Palt
- Kerstin Hedeby as Marianne
- "'Dreams' (1955) on RT". Rotten Tomatoes.<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|This 1950s drama film-related article is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|
|This article related to Swedish film is a stub. You can help Infogalactic by expanding it.|