Edward Sutton, 2nd Baron Dudley
Sir Edward Sutton, 2nd Baron Dudley, (c. 1460 – 31 January 1531) was a Member of Parliament (MP) of the Parliament of England from 12 August 1492 to 3 November 1529. He was one of the English noblemen elected as Knight of the Garter (KG) in the beginning of King Henry VIII's reign. He was chamberlain to Princess Mary (later Queen Mary I) from 1525 to 1528.
Edward Sutton was the son of Sir Edmund Sutton and Joyce de Tiptoft, daughter of Sir John Tiptoft, 1st Baron Tiptoft. In right of his wife Joyce, Edmund Sutton benefited from the her inheritance of the Tibetot barony and Cherleton barony, and thus co-heir to the Powis inheritance, but was never created baron of these holdings.
- John Sutton, 3rd Baron Dudley, his successor.
- Geoffrey Sutton, who married Eleanor Talbot, by whom he was father of Thomas Sutton of Russels.
- Thomas Sutton.
- Arthur Dudley, prebendary in Lichfield Cathedral (see Chad of Mercia#Cult and Relics).
- Elizabeth Sutton, who married Thomas Butler, son of Piers Butler, 8th Earl of Ormond.
- Alice Sutton.
- Eleanor Sutton, who married firstly Charles Somerset, 1st Earl of Worcester, and secondly Leonard Grey, 1st Viscount Grane.
- Joyce Sutton, who married Sir John Leighton of Wattlesborough. Their son, Sir Thomas Leighton, was Governor of Jersey and married Elizabeth Knollys, daughter of Catherine, Lady Knollys and sister of Lettice Knollys.
- Jane (Joan, Johanna) Sutton, who married Sir Thomas Fiennes, son of Thomas, Baron Dacre. Their son Thomas Fiennes, 9th Baron Dacre was executed for murder in 1541.
- Margaret Sutton, who married John Grey, 2nd Baron Grey of Powis. Their son was Edward Grey, 3rd Baron Grey of Powis, to whom his uncle John, Lord Dudley, sold the Tiptoft-Dudley portion of Powis Castle.
- Catherine Sutton, who married Sir George Gresley of Drakelow.
- Harrison 1998, p. 54.
- Burke 1866, p. 521.
- Adams, Simon. "Sutton [Dudley], Edward, fourth Baron Dudley". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/8148.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles> (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- Burke, Sir Bernard (1866). A Genealogical History of the Dormant: Abeyant, Forfeited, and Extinct Peerages of the British Empire. Harrison. p. 521.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
- Harrison, Bruce (1998). The Family Forest Descendants of Lady Joan Beaufort. Millisecond Publishing Company, Inc. p. 54.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)<templatestyles src="Module:Citation/CS1/styles.css"></templatestyles>
|Peerage of England|